DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Gimbal Problem

eckydrone200

Reactions
Just wondering if anyone can help me with this problem. Brand new Mini 2, just out of the box and powered up and updated to APP version 1.2.1 (won't do any further updates) Unable to try it out yet but I notice when I use the Fn button to re-centre the gimbal it tilts the camera down so it is looking vertically below the aircraft, this happens with one push of the button, the next push brings it back up to centre. Also note in control screen that there are two boxes for customising the Fn button, one tap - recenter gimbal and double tap - recenter gimbal. Pushing either or both of this does nothing, they highlight in blue and when you tap the other one you lose the highlight same when you tap filming screen, the highlight on selected box disappears. Be grateful for any advice. Thanks in advance guys.

I would wait until you actually fly it to make any observations. If something is really wrong with the gimbal, it will show up quickly.

I thought the app is version 1.2.4

Reactions: Thomas B
I would wait until you actually fly it to make any observations. If something is really wrong with the gimbal, it will show up quickly.
I do not think it is the gimbal but it is all in the settings.

Thanks for the prompt reply. We're in for a bumpy couple of weeks weatherise so don't know when I'll get the chance. It seems to work ok apart from needing the second tap to re-centre. Makes me think a firmware update is required to fix it but it says all is up to date.

I do not think it is the gimbal but it is all in the settings.
Thanks for your replies and thoughts. I have been through the settings numerous times and tried calibrating the gimbal all to no avail. It's not a major problem but just a bit frustrating after coming from the Air 1 which had no issues (Had 2 of these) If I know an update will cure it I will put up with it till then.

It's ok guys. I have just looked into it a bit more and I see other posts here re the Fn button and one of them said check page 9 of manual which I have just done. It says there that one click points gimbal down then another click re-centres so I guess all is good with my one. That's what happens when you switch from another drone and never take the time to study the manual I suppose! ?

Reactions: Thomas B
To update the App version above 1.2.2n (I'm assuming you are on Android, with it being stuck at this version) you will need to download it directly from the DJI website as an .APK file or if it is a Samsung phone you can visit the Gakaxy store and download it from there. The latest version for Android is 1.2.4(920)

To update the App version above 1.2.2n (I'm assuming you are on Android, with it being stuck at this version) you will need to download it directly from the DJI website as an .APK file or if it is a Samsung phone you can visit the Gakaxy store and download it from there. The latest version for Android is 1.2.4(920)
Thanks for the reply with the advice. I was working with it yesterday an recalled reading about updates not being applied through the Play Store so I went online with the tablet I use for the drone and went direct to DJI site and downloaded the file you said. That was the updated version and so I am now on 1.2.4 and this gave me the option to customise the function button so everything is good apart from the stinking weather that we are having at present with no sign of improvement.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tenakeetwo