DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Gimbal Protectors

TMB Aerial

Reactions
Anyone else as disappointed in the lack of quality with the gimbal protectors? I know these are going to last about 5 minutes. Has anyone seen any aftermarket gimbal locks/lense covers yet? I get nothing on a Google search.

Not have had any issues with mine yet and after a few times removing and putting it back on
I think it's not so bad . I see a better one course I will be trying it as I do everything else .
other than that I like it better than the MP stock one .
JMO

I read where someone put a sticky felt on top of the gimbal protector where camera slides into slot, to keep from scratching the top of the camera. Material like you would put on bottom legs of a table to prevent scratched floors.

I don't have any complaints about the quality of the gimbal protector. I don't have a problem with its fiddly construction, as I can see that it holds the gimbal in place effectively and therefore does its job correctly.

What does annoy me is that it is SO well designed it's way too easy to forget about... because so far, I've forgotten to remove it 100% of the times I've fired up my M2P! I've now stuck one of the warning stickers I took off back on the top of the Mavic as a visual prompt, while I think about how to add a big bright orange "REMOVE BEFORE FLIGHT" tag to the gimbal guard.

The "first" thing I do when I get ready to fly is remove the guard... I mean as soon as I open the bag. Since I have made this the "first" thing on my list I haven't had an issue. Did I mention this is the "first" thing on my list? Hope this helps ✔

Reactions: Mavic Pro Platinum
Muscle memory will kick in shortly

Is that true of "brain muscles," Turn? My geezer brain muscles need all the help they can get and actually, I already have a small "Remove Before Flight" cloth tag enroute from God only knows where, it's taking so long. I figure a couple carefully drilled holes in the protector to allow the key ring to go through oughta duit. Thankfully, the M2P's gimbal doesn't seem to be adversely affected by an occasional power up with the protector on but, it sure can't do it any good. Hence the tag memory jog for the old and tired brain muscles. :) My only concern is that the tag could get wedged in the case and then pull the protector off or partially off so I'mma gonna have to look into that.

Here is what I have done about a month ago....I will say though the protector has failed as the locking tab has broken' . Might get another to see if it was just mine .

Attachments

• IMG_2500.JPG
    IMG_2500.JPG
    42.7 KB · Views: 71
  • IMG_2501.JPG
    IMG_2501.JPG
    47.4 KB · Views: 74
  • IMG_2502.JPG
    IMG_2502.JPG
    87.3 KB · Views: 72
Reactions: flyoway
Might get another to see if it was just mine .

emu: You're not the only one although I see you have an M2Z while I have the P so the protectors are a bit different. I quickly tired of the DJI version even though I eventually figured out how to install/uninstall easily. So, I ordered a set of accessories from f/Stop Labs and I really liked that protector BUT, the front tabs both broke off within a month of use. I'm obsessive by nature so I do my best to treat the equipment with respect. Anyway, I emailed f/Stop and they were happy to send me another and it's allegedly on the way. In the mean time, I fixed the original with my plastic welding kit so it's serviceable but I doubt it will last.

Finally, I like the fishing line idea and, your hole location..very ingenious. Give it enough line to clear the aircraft in the case and just lay it on top. Poyfict! Won't be able to miss THAT dangling thing I hope. :)

Thanks..

emu: You're not the only one although I see you have an M2Z while I have the P so the protectors are a bit different. I quickly tired of the DJI version even though I eventually figured out how to install/uninstall easily. So, I ordered a set of accessories from f/Stop Labs and I really liked that protector BUT, the front tabs both broke off within a month of use. I'm obsessive by nature so I do my best to treat the equipment with respect. Anyway, I emailed f/Stop and they were happy to send me another and it's allegedly on the way. In the mean time, I fixed the original with my plastic welding kit so it's serviceable but I doubt it will last.

Finally, I like the fishing line idea and, your hole location..very ingenious. Give it enough line to clear the aircraft in the case and just lay it on top. Poyfict! Won't be able to miss THAT dangling thing I hope. :)

Thanks..

Kilomikebravo: I should contact the shop I bought my protector from and see if they will send me another. Maybe with the hole I put in it for the RBF tag they might frown against a replacement, cant hurt to ask I spose. Where I live in Australia drone shops are few and far between. My top locking tab was the one that failed on me, my 2 front locators tabs are ok. Anything to do with the area around the gimbal I am OCD about being gentle which is why I am surprised of the failure of this protector.

Glad you liked the mod of the RBF tag. Never left the cover on since I had the tag there. Over time I will probably ignore it as it will become 2nd nature to remove the protector. It also tucks neatly into the bottom Pgytech propeller holder when stored!

Here is what I have done about a month ago....I will say though the protector has failed as the locking tab has broken' . Might get another to see if it was just mine .
I have one like that also the tab broke after about two weeks

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mlaut