DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Gimbal shake / vibration - anyone help?

Breugnir

Reactions
Hi, I got a problem with my MavicPro gimbal. There're some vibrations I can see at almost every movie. The gimbal has been calibrated. Mavic is brand new and had no crash or accident. You can see what I'm saying about on the movie in 9 & 23 second. Anyone could help to fix this?
Edit: I watched some videos on YT related to my problem. The position of the gimbal is correct.

Last edited:
Your video is "unavailable".

I have never seen this happen with my MP.
  1. Make sure the props are securely in place.
  2. Calibration of gimbal
Then is still happening I would Question the refurbishment!
Edit; (that looks a problem with the camera feed)
Edit, Edit; Return it.

I have never seen this happen with my MP.
  1. Make sure the props are securely in place.
  2. Calibration of gimbal
Then is still happening I would Question the refurbishment!
Edit; (that looks a problem with the camera feed)
Edit, Edit; Return it.

I'm noob but I'm in 99% sure that props're in mint condition. Yesterday I checked them carefully, took off and put on again in the right position. I also calibrated gimbal again and refreshed the last version of firmware. When I was flying today, had a several vibrations in a few seconds in normal mode. I flew around 0.6 mile away and got back in the sport mode. There was no shakes in the sport mode. I'll try to post today's video. I think I should return the drone to the seller.

I have seen posts regarding this problem but do not recall how it was resolved (you could try searching this forum). Other than installing new firmware on the MP I would return it for a replacement, since you stated it was new.

Reactions: SpinItUp
You shouldn't have to do this with a new MP, but you could also change the gain settings to around 95 and see if that fixes it.

Have you by any chance, got the low-noise type prop's on a Mavic Pro?? Have seen vid's about this problem when upgrading prop's from standard to low-noise type on a MP - and there is a fix ...

Have you by any chance, got the low-noise type prop's on a Mavic Pro?? ...
Good point. The problem the MPP props on the MP can cause is a gimbal shake error, which is fixed by changing the gain settings. Should not be a problem with stock props but worth changing the settings as an experiment and an option to returning it for replacement. This video does a good job of explaining it.

Have you by any chance, got the low-noise type prop's on a Mavic Pro?? Have seen vid's about this problem when upgrading prop's from standard to low-noise type on a MP - and there is a fix ...
I saw those videos when I was "googling" my problem. By the way I'm using serial props which was attached to my FMC set. edit: not the low-noise ones.
I'll change the gain settings and see if it fixes the problem tommorow because it's too dark to fly now ;-)

Last edited:
Will be interested to hear how that goes ...

...I'm using serial props which was attached to my FMC set. edit: not the low-noise ones.
I'll change the gain settings and see if it fixes the problem tommorow because it's too dark to fly now ;-)
In reviewing your video it does look like a recording glitch and not any kind of gimbal shake. My gain adjustment suggestion takes care of the "gimbal shake" error that may crop up when using the MPP props on the MP but that doesn't seem to be your problem.

Keep us posted on what DJI does about it.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Omni_Aerial