DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Gimbal Startup

Tyler Draper

Reactions
When i turn my Mavic on and it starts the startup process my gimbal shoots up real quick and makes a knocking noise. Is this normal? has anyone else experienced this?

T

When i turn my Mavic on and it starts the startup process my gimbal shoots up real quick and makes a knocking noise. Is this normal? has anyone else experienced this?

T
Are you seeing any errors when it hits or makes noise?
Be sure the gimbal is seated correctly in it's cradle and that the aircraft is sitting level. Can you post a video of what your seeing?

Knocking is never a good indication of proper gimbal actuation! There are tabs that hold the gimbal mechanism into or onto the front underside of the Mavic. If the Gimbal mechanism is skewed or lifted / tilted there is a possiblity that the gimbal assembly has lifted past these tabs and are causing interference.

I assume no crashes or hard landing and you have performed a Gimbal Calibration using the DJI GO app.

No crashes. And the mounts/tabs look fine. And I have done a few gimbal auto calibrations

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

No crashes. And the mounts/tabs look fine. And I have done a few gimbal auto calibrations

Ok, besides Gimbal calibrations, Is your firmware up to date?
Generally, the Gimbal, should be quick to initialize, but not to the point of hitting something in the cradle area. Have you flown the aircraft or are you just now having this issue?

Ok, besides Gimbal calibrations, Is your firmware up to date?
Generally, the Gimbal, should be quick to initialize, but not to the point of hitting something in the cradle area. Have you flown the aircraft or are you just now having this issue?

I've had this issue from the day I got it. It flies perfectly. Every time I turn it on it does it's tweak out think and sometimes it thrashes around for a few seconds before I shut it off and turn it back on. I was able to get ahold of "Alvin" with Dji support and show him the video he suggested I send it back in. I have a couple of threads going on FB and I've had people post what an actual start up is supposed to look like so there's no question that I have a fault drone. Now I send it back and wait.

I've had this issue from the day I got it. It flies perfectly. Every time I turn it on it does it's tweak out think and sometimes it thrashes around for a few seconds before I shut it off and turn it back on. I was able to get ahold of "Alvin" with Dji support and show him the video he suggested I send it back in. I have a couple of threads going on FB and I've had people post what an actual start up is supposed to look like so there's no question that I have a fault drone. Now I send it back and wait.

In your video, the first part of the initializing seems to be normal. It's that second flip out that is not normal. It should not do that at all.
Good luck sending it back for repair. Hopefully DJI will give you a quick turn around and you'll be back in the air soon.:)

In your video, the first part of the initializing seems to be normal. It's that second flip out that is not normal. It should not do that at all.
Good luck sending it back for repair. Hopefully DJI will give you a quick turn around and you'll be back in the air soon.:)

Yea hopefully! From the threads I've read on here and on FB it seems to be a quick turn around. And they will more then likely send a new drone. I'll update the thread when I get her back so someone else can use the info if they have the same problem.

Reactions: Drone Master
Yea hopefully! From the threads I've read on here and on FB it seems to be a quick turn around. And they will more then likely send a new drone. I'll update the thread when I get her back so someone else can use the info if they have the same problem.

Gimbal control board being replaced.

Tyler let me know how you get on mine also doing the same on start-up out of the box?

Tyler let me know how you get on mine also doing the same on start-up out of the box?

I would contact dji right away. Take a video with your cell phone of the issue. Upload it to YouTube so once you get through to someone online you can tell the the issue and send them the video. They will replace it.

surprise surprise there online support is offline lol prob a fair few with issues what I been reading elsewhere regarding gimbal faults. I will give them a call on Monday I have DJIcare so hopefully that may speed the process up fingers crossed, not great out of the box when you have had to wait so long.

thanks for the info let me know when you get yours back :)

surprise surprise there online support is offline lol prob a fair few with issues what I been reading elsewhere regarding gimbal faults. I will give them a call on Monday I have DJIcare so hopefully that may speed the process up fingers crossed, not great out of the box when you have had to wait so long.

thanks for the info let me know when you get yours back :)

They might be out for their new year as well. I know production was going to slow down for the next couple weeks because or their holiday.

I got mine back this past Friday. They just sent me a new bird. Haven't flown it yet but I did start it up and did an update on the firmware. Everything seems to be working fine. I have to wait for the weather to get better before I fly her.

They might be out for their new year as well. I know production was going to slow down for the next couple weeks because or their holiday.

I got mine back this past Friday. They just sent me a new bird. Haven't flown it yet but I did start it up and did an update on the firmware. Everything seems to be working fine. I have to wait for the weather to get better before I fly her.

Did it take long to send and receive the new one? Hope all is well once you get her back up in the sky

2 weeks total I had her back. It wasn't bad at all. And it was raining the whole 2 weeks so it was perfect

My brand new one has something similar - now I'm wondering whether I should ship mine to DJI - I'm gonna see if the store can do an exchange first.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000