DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Gimbal Sticks on Pitch During Flight

GooterFly68

Reactions
Hopefully you can help me figure out the issue. During flight my gimbal sticks and pitches left or right with the AC as I pitch the AC sideways left or right. I did a gimbal calibration, basically each time I go up but doesn’t seem to fix the issue. My MP is only two weeks old. It worked for about a week and then started to happen intermittently. Any ideas?

Hopefully you can help me figure out the issue. During flight my gimbal sticks and pitches left or right with the AC as I pitch the AC sideways left or right. I did a gimbal calibration, basically each time I go up but doesn’t seem to fix the issue. My MP is only two weeks old. It worked for about a week and then started to happen intermittently. Any ideas?
This sounds like a question for the honorable @msinger , a fountain of knowledge. But a little more clarification of your issue, is the gimbal panning when you do not want it to or not panning (it does pan a little bit) or do you have it in FPV mode?

If I move the right control stick to the right, the camera pitches to the right at the same angle as the AC instead of staying level. Same thing happens when you move the right control stick to the left. That’s one thing I didn’t check is the mode. I thought that when you turn on the app that it defaults to FPV mode?

If I move the right control stick to the right, the camera pitches to the right at the same angle as the AC instead of staying level. Same thing happens when you move the right control stick to the left. That’s one thing I didn’t check is the mode. I thought that when you turn on the app that it defaults to FPV mode?
Sounds like you have it in FPV mode, it sounds like you do not want that.

Reactions: GooterFly68
That’s a negative Ghost Rider. What mode should I be in?
you want to be in GS mode, I am trying to find a screen shot that will tell you where to make the change.
152115e2kqyll917iv3yli.png

The gimbal is designed with limited yaw (left or right) but alot of roll and pitch. Pitch is an up and down gimbal movement activated by the left scroll wheel on your controller. Gimbal roll is what keeps the camera level as you bank in a turn.

My guess is that there is probably nothing wrong with your gimbal.

Sit it on a table, props off and take a youtube to show what it's doing.

Last edited:
The gimbal is designed with limited yaw (left or right) but alot of roll and pitch. Pitch is an up and down gimbal movement activated by the left scroll wheel on your controller. Roll is what krrpd the camera level as you bank in a turn.

My guess is that there is probably nothing wrong with your gimbal.

Sit it on a table, props off and take a youtube to show what it's doing.

Pitch was the wrong term. The AC rolls right or left, the camera gimbal immediately rolls with the AC. So flying sideways doesn’t work because the camera rolls at the same angle of the AC. Other flights the gimbal stays level with the horizon line as the AC flys sideways left or right. So I don’t know...

Actually, Bunny Too, was correct. It was the gimbal setting that was causing the issue. For some reason when firing up everything, it wants to default to FPV mode. Once I changed the mode to “Follow”, it all was good in the neighborhood...

Thanks for all of your help guys in figuring out the issue.

Actually, Bunny Too, was correct. It was the gimbal setting that was causing the issue. For some reason when firing up everything, it wants to default to FPV mode. Once I change the mode to “Follow”, it all was good in the neighborhood...

Thanks for all of your help guys in figuring out the issue.
Thank you for posting your resolution, I am ADD and if I do not hear the problem has been resolved I have trouble sleeping.
Good Work GooterFly68.

Thank you for posting your resolution, I am ADD and if I do not hear the problem has been resolved I have trouble sleeping.
Good Work GooterFly68.

Well have sweet dreams tonight then my friend. I, too, will sleep much better tonight as I have a lot of flying to do this weekend...

Well have sweet dreams tonight then my friend. I, too, will sleep much better tonight as I have a lot of flying to do this weekend...
Thank you, enjoy your weekend, I have to cook for the Wyoming Cowboys and New Mexico Lobos football teams all day tomorrow. But perhaps Sunday I will get out there.

Thank you, enjoy your weekend, I have to cook for the Wyoming Cowboys and New Mexico Lobos football teams all day tomorrow. But perhaps Sunday I will get out there.

Oh one other thing that I figured out...The reason my MP kept switching from Follow to FPV mode was because I had my RC’s (C2) button set on “Toggle Follow/FPV”. Dumb newbie mistake I guess...[emoji12]

Oh one other thing that I figured out...The reason my MP kept switching from Follow to FPV mode was because I had my RC’s (C2) button set on “Toggle Follow/FPV”. Dumb newbie mistake I guess...[emoji12]
Cool, glad you got it figured out, it took me five months to learn that you could press on the five way switch, I thought it was silly they called it a five way switch when you could only move it four ways then one day I accidentally clicked on it and figured out "oh, hey that is why they call it a five way." Happy flying.

Good Work GooterFly68.
Don't know how different the P3pro is but on mine I have a on off for my gimbal follow

Attachments

• received_959685034187620.png
    received_959685034187620.png
    506.9 KB · Views: 6
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
palaiouras