DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

gimbal stuck error 40002

Mazdaman323lx

Reactions
Anyone got tips on how to fix this on a mavic air 2???? The auto calibration gets stuck at 10%.
The issue seems to be with the horizontal axis .If i set the gimbal pointing back at a angle the other two axis go through the start up mode but the gimbal stays pointING to the left or right , not straight ahead. Tried a firmware refresh but no joy. Also checked the ribbon cableS were seated properly .Gimbal moves very freely in all directions . No resistance or roughness in its movements. Anything else I can try ??????

Last edited:
Could you elaborate ?
Thanks
So from what you described and my further research, they are two different things.

Have you tried using the Mavic Assistant on the PC? (From DJI website)

This is what they suggested to me when I was having gimbal issues, but nothing worked. I had to return it.

Mine was jello though.

Yeah , tried that , just gives the same error on the log. Tried recalibrating - no joy. Looks like i will have dji care refresh it.

The gimbal is a pretty delicate device, hence the motion guards that DJI supplies for transportation. Checking the powered off gimbal for any sticky movement in any permitted direction would be a start. A 2nd thing to try would be a cable between the camera and camera controller. There should be no binding there as well. A third potential issue would be that the water impact caused one or more of the moving pieces to slip on the shaft it rotates on.

The gimbal is a pretty delicate device, hence the motion guards that DJI supplies for transportation. Checking the powered off gimbal for any sticky movement in any permitted direction would be a start. A 2nd thing to try would be a cable between the camera and camera controller. There should be no binding there as well. A third potential issue would be that the water impact caused one or more of the moving pieces to slip on the shaft it rotates on.
Thanks for your reply . Its only the top motor of the gimbal not turning (left to right axis)
The other two - up down and tilt are working fine . The picture from the camera is fine .
The motion on the stuck axis is buttery smooth, this leads me to believe the issue is electrical and the motor is not recieving any power. I think what I will try next is removing the back plate of the camera housing and checking the ribbon cablle there where it plugs into the camera unit. Maybe theres a bit of corrosion there ? Theres no doubt a moisture indicator sticker inside the cover .
Let you know how it goes

Reactions: itsneedtokno
Thanks for your reply . Its only the top motor of the gimbal not turning (left to right axis)
The other two - up down and tilt are working fine . The picture from the camera is fine .
The motion on the stuck axis is buttery smooth, this leads me to believe the issue is electrical and the motor is not recieving any power. I think what I will try next is removing the back plate of the camera housing and checking the ribbon cablle there where it plugs into the camera unit. Maybe theres a bit of corrosion there ? Theres no doubt a moisture indicator sticker
Did you solve the problem?

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast54