DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Gimbal wheel makes the drone spin round?

sammackay23

Reactions
Starting to notice as I pan the gimbal down with the wheel the drone will spin around. Mainly too the left. Anyone have that issue?

Reactions: Dronair
This has happened to several using the M2 series with a standard controller. It has always proven to be a short inside the controller.

Yes I know the difference. The Mavic 2 had similar issues for some that was traced back to the standard controller.
Just giving a possible point of reference to start looking
Thanks for clarifying. Most newer pilots don't know the difference. Wanted to make sure I understood you correctly. Your point of reference is definitely helpful.

Have you tried a remote calibration incl gimble wheel? Don’t know if helpful but easy to try.

This just happened to me with my Mavic 3 yesterday, for the very first time. I have several hours of flight time on this drone and using the camera wheel would never make the drone yaw before. It just did what it was supposed to do, move the camera up and down. Yesterday, at three separate occasions, the drone would yaw left and right when I moved the camera wheel up and down. It scared the heck out of me at first and I brought the drone back and landed thinking it was some kind of a glitch. It did not do it anymore after I powered it off and on. I actually came here just to share it with you guys and found this thread. It was super scary!

Ps. I was using the RC-N1 remote

Last edited:
This just happened to me with my Mavic 3 yesterday, for the very first time. I have several hours of flight time on this drone and using the camera wheel would never make the drone yaw before. It just did what it was supposed to do, move the camera up and down. Yesterday, at three separate occasions, the drone would yaw left and right when I moved the camera wheel up and down. It scared the heck out of me at first and I brought the drone back and landed thinking it was some kind of a glitch. It did not do it anymore after I powered it off and on. I actually came here just to share it with you guys and found this thread. It was super scary!

Ps. I was using the RC-N1 remote
Good reason to justify upgrading to the RC Pro! 🤣

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacjes