Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Gimbal will not hold the horizon/ YAWs without stick input

pmshop

Reactions
So sick and tired of this.
I am NOT going through this with the Mavic Mini as I have with the Mavic Air
Gimbal will not hold the horizon.
And, the craft YAWs without any stick input.
Advice anyone?
I am not sending this into service 7 times under warranty like my 2 Mavic Air
Video is 10 minutes compressed into 1

Last edited:
If you're getting yaw creep, sounds like you need a compass calibration or maybe RC calibration. IMU can also be an issue.

Have you calibrated Gimball, IMU, Compass and Controller?

If you're getting yaw creep, sounds like you need a compass calibration or maybe RC calibration. IMU can also be an issue.

Done.
Especially since I have seen the same effect with the Mavic Air.

Just an idea - The controller sticks use a magnetic effect called 'Hall Effect' to sense their movement and translate that into a digital stream to tell the Drone where to fly. If you have something metallic or magnetic near your controller, you can get strange 'drifting' as the controller stick is pulled out of calibration. I got a gradual 'down' creep on mine, due to using magnetic tipped USB charging cables. Even though the tip was only slightly magnetic, just being there plugged into the charging port during the flight was enough.

Just an idea - The controller sticks use a magnetic effect called 'Hall Effect' to sense their movement and translate that into a digital stream to tell the Drone where to fly. If you have something metallic or magnetic near your controller, you can get strange 'drifting' as the controller stick is pulled out of calibration. I got a gradual 'down' creep on mine, due to using magnetic tipped USB charging cables. Even though the tip was only slightly magnetic, just being there plugged into the charging port during the flight was enough.

Nothing around for at least 30ft

Uninstalled, re-installed...nothing.
Guess I will have to catch it next time.

*and now my 3 flight records are 2 and they both say I only flew for 1 minute and at a distance of 32ft

When I had the yaw issue on my MA turns out it was the RC stick that was faulty. A quick RC Cal would fix the issue temporarily, so had to replace it.

When I had the yaw issue on my MA turns out it was the RC stick that was faulty. A quick RC Cal would fix the issue temporarily, so had to replace it.

Sadly, this is straight out of the box.
Got it yesterday.

It wasn't the stick - the flight log posted earlier shows it properly centered.

Yaw.png

@sar104

Performed another flight, created another log.
MCDatFlightRecords folder is still empty after uninstalling and re-installing.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bullet_magnet