DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Gimbel Obstructed - Aircraft Overheating

Lone Droner 10

Reactions
Mavic Pro had slight crash. I am now getting a message stating "Gimbel Obstructed" cannot take off. I have recalibrated everything using the DJI Asst 2; attempting to calibrate gimbel using the DJI Go 4 app and have tried to find a fix online. Have not been able to find any solution. After the crash, the gimbel did become dislodged from the lower bracket. Fixed that. Camera does work but will not allow any kind of movement using the dial on the controller. Anyone have any thoughts or ideas?

When powered up does the gimbal go up/down left/right & camera roll?

what's the overheating in title but not in the post?

I had the same problem after a crash. My camera worked but the final could not be controlled. I popped the final back into place like you did and got the same error. It did not prevent me from taking off or flying, just couldn't adjust the final.

My problem was a the cables that connected the main board to the final were also broken. Had to send it in for a fix. Hope that's not your problem, but it sound similar to mine. I got the final overheating message as well, but it was because the Mavic keep trying to move the final but was unable to.

When powered up does the gimbal go up/down left/right & camera roll?

what's the overheating in title but not in the post?
When I power up the Mavic, the gimbel does not move at all in any direction. Even when I tilt it up, down or sideways. Not sure I understand your question about the "over heating"? The warning I get is "gimbel obstructed, remove clamp, aircraft over heating".

Thank you for mentioning me @Haloweenhamster

I agree with Haloweenhamster, you either need a gimbal ribbon cable or a gimbal motor assembly. If you are good at microelectronic repair, you might be able to do it. If not, and you dont have DJI Refresh, I can rake a look at it for you if youre in the USA.

Here's a thread about what I do:

Thunderdrones Repair Information

Reactions: jerryflah
Gimbel? Gimble? Gimbol?
Gimbal - A gimbal is a pivoted support that allows the rotation of an object about a single axis. A set of three gimbals, one mounted on the other with orthogonal pivot axes, may be used to allow an object mounted on the innermost gimbal to remain independent of the rotation of its support.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pocki