DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Gimble Cover on Or Off

DETRAILERS

Reactions
Was reading a few posts and see that some peeps fly with the gimble cover on. I did when I first got my MP but was getting a slight reflection once and while to the left or right of center when flying in bright sunlight. U was thinking that maybe I was supposed to remove it and it was only for transporting. I ended up buying one that is slightly tinted and has the gimble brace integrated. I've got the gray plastic guard too but noticed that gets into shots once and a while. What do you guys do?

Was reading a few posts and see that some peeps fly with the gimble cover on. I did when I first got my MP but was getting a slight reflection once and while to the left or right of center when flying in bright sunlight. U was thinking that maybe I was supposed to remove it and it was only for transporting. I ended up buying one that is slightly tinted and has the gimble brace integrated. I've got the gray plastic guard too but noticed that gets into shots once and a while. What do you guys do?
This is probably one of the most debated topics on this forum (right up there with firmware updating.) Here are a couple hundred threads dealing with your inquire.
Search Results for Query: Gimble Cover | DJI Mavic Drone Forum

Reactions: Youser
Always off. Especially with the integrated. Your camera wont be able to move freely and this will cause damage. Only keep that on when you are done flying/transporting the drone to prevent all of the vibration caused.

If you want to capture the best possible image/video, you should remove the gimbal cover when flying.

Always off. Leaving on will not allow air flow into ur bird causing it to run hot.

Always off. Especially with the integrated. Your camera wont be able to move freely and this will cause damage. Only keep that on when you are done flying/transporting the drone to prevent all of the vibration caused.

Are you even able to use the camera with that on? I would've thought that if the gimbal can't do it's dance it wouldn't work?

Are you even able to use the camera with that on? I would've thought that if the gimbal can't do it's dance it wouldn't work?

I dont know but probably not. Never bother to leave mine on lol. Will probably get a gimbal overload error.

No the tinted one with the brace is just for transport..

Main reason I started this thread was because I thought maybe DJI had a policy for the refresh that you had to have the cover on....

Main reason I started this thread was because I thought maybe DJI had a policy for the refresh that you had to have the cover on....
They definitely have no such policy.

Air flow on mine with cover on

and yes I know about the fan
Mine 2 months ago, the fan is visible near bottom left
_20170926_183324.JPG

I Always fly with it off.

Flown with various covers on and off. The clear covers will cause light reflections on your footage and the hard plastic opaque covers just get into the corners of your footage when doing manoeuvres. I take my off completely prior to takeoff and have had no issues.

Gimbal cover off
Cooling vents are important unless it’s freezing, located inside gimbal cover. Also gives more lens flare if it remains on.
Beginners should probably leave on until comfortable flying.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gadget61