DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Gimble Goes Crazy- Nonstop

Tesable

Reactions
Hello- I started with a Phanton 3 then I bought my Mavic about a week ago have flown an hour on one evening without any issues then flying on Sunday I dropped the Mavic right on its face. Went ahead and flew for 5 more mins. then the gimble started acting up. I touched it and centered it by hand then did a gimble calibrate, it all went well seemed to stop doing the dance. Packed away so I could take it to film a construction site and when i turned it on it would not stop the wild routine, there is an image coming over the camera the camera works but it will never stop its crazy dance.
I have looked into this and cant figure it out... I really didn't think the drop hurt it that bad but apparently it did or I am missing some magic trick settings or something. Anyone had this happen? Any ideas or is it time to send it into DJI?
Im off to a really sad/bad start!
Tesable

Do you have DJI Refresh? Since it was damaged, DJI probably wont cover it under warranty. If they determine it needs a new gimbal, it will cost you around $325+ to get it repaired and wait time anywhere from a few weeks to 6 weeks..

It sounds like your gimbal motor assembly might have gotten damaged, or maybe just simply your gimbal ribbon cable.

Hello- I started with a Phanton 3 then I bought my Mavic about a week ago have flown an hour on one evening without any issues then flying on Sunday I dropped the Mavic right on its face. Went ahead and flew for 5 more mins. then the gimble started acting up. I touched it and centered it by hand then did a gimble calibrate, it all went well seemed to stop doing the dance. Packed away so I could take it to film a construction site and when i turned it on it would not stop the wild routine, there is an image coming over the camera the camera works but it will never stop its crazy dance.
I have looked into this and cant figure it out... I really didn't think the drop hurt it that bad but apparently it did or I am missing some magic trick settings or something. Anyone had this happen? Any ideas or is it time to send it into DJI?
Im off to a really sad/bad start!
Tesable

It's the gimbal ribbon cable. Look for Digdat0 youtube channel. There he shows how to replace the ribbon cable. The ribbon cable is easily damaged during crashes, drops, etc. Refresh will also take care of it, but they'll likely charge you more than replacing the ribbon yourself.

So I replaced the ribbon and now it does absolutely nothing. the cable connection did not fit through the black plate hole. so it must have gotten the pins bent or something. I have ordered another ribbon from amazon and will try again. This is not a good experience at all. FS Labs is the ribbon manufacture.

So I replaced the ribbon and now it does absolutely nothing. the cable connection did not fit through the black plate hole. so it must have gotten the pins bent or something. I have ordered another ribbon from amazon and will try again. This is not a good experience at all. FS Labs is the ribbon manufacture.

There is a similar thread with two videos showing gimbal knocking back and forth. Is this the behaviour you're getting with yours? If so, I posted my soluition and it was indeed a warranty fix in the end:

Gimbal Issue After Repair

Ian

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bbj5143