DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Give me a like if you feel my pain.

Do ya know what your almost spot on , god love her she was only to happy to be rid of me , As I walked to the car , phone in hand , she called me back and insisted i get some of the granola bars she bought for me for the trip from the top shelf in the cupboard . I put the phone down to reach up (she's not as tall) and grabbed them and went on my merry way leaving said phone on the counter. Wouldnt mind but I hate Granola bars.
Yes- she drive's me crazy when I'm leaving for a drone event and I get all befuddled, forgetting important stuff. It's all her fault!

Actually, I am just pulling your leg re: wife. . When I have a drone/photography project, I meticulously plan it out. I plan everything out at the Google maps, and I print out the maps.

I plug in the drone to be sure the firmware is current and nearby to the good wi-fi signal.

The day before, I assemble everything and place it in the trunk of my car (which is inside my closed locked garage). I have two backpacks- one for the drone, one for the cameras. I also have two tripods, and the landing pad. The day before I charge everything, and I calibrate the gimbal, the IMU, and the horizon. I am very ****-compulsive about this. Still last week I forgot my iPad and had to use my phone. That was because I also use the iPad to watch the news in my bathroom. My last project (Miami River Project 2020) involved a lot of planning, and several different filming sites.

Not to that degree..... yet, lol. I fly pretty close to home and have had to turn around a number of times to get something I forgot. The other thing I do is forget to turn something on. Set up an audio recorder on a tripod, turned it and the shotgun microphone on and got levels. Got the drone set up. Went back to the microphone and started the recording. Launched the drone and positioned it. The scene played out. Got home and started downloading files. OoooPs, never tapped record on the drone.

MORE than a few times!

Reactions: SmilingOgre
So , youve checked the weather days in advance , booked a day off work , have your flying location researched . You've charged your batteries and controller the night before ,formatted your sd cards , made your lunch for the road trip ahead. Got up that day ,weathers perfect , put the drone bag safely in the car . Got in the car , driven 2 hours to the destination , Got out of the car , got the drone case out , unfolded the drone put your hand in you *** pocket to get your phone only to realise you left it on the kitchen counter back home. Could there be anything worse ?
The perfect reason for a smart controller

I can't make it out of my driveway without my phone. I always put it up on the phone holder on the dash before I leave so I notice right away if I don't have it. But I have driven an hour to a location with one battery, powered it up, and there was a mandatory firmware update. No car charger either. Lost about 10 mins worth of flight time.

Reactions: SmilingOgre

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tyroe1998