DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

GIVEAWAY: DJI Mavic Hard Case by Freewell Gear

Always carry a spare microSD card in your kit.
1. You will eventually forget to put your main card back in after transferring data to your PC.
2. microSD cards can fail.
3. If your mate has the above issues you can bail them out.

Buy DJI Care Refresh or State Farm insurance for your Mavic.
My understanding state farm does not cover crashes or damage but does cover flyawway and thefts.
Dji does not cover flyaway or thefts but does cover crashes and damage.
So choose your pill or by both or self insure with caution.
Regards
Buzz

Best tip. Which I need to make a thread for, is to check the little clamps on your propellers before every flight!

I had a small fracture on a couple of prop clamps (the one that secures to the motors) even though the actual prop looked fine and had never been hit!

No worries about entering me into the draw, it's just something important to share this info with others!

Conduct yourself as a "Drone Ambassador" when flying the Mavick or any other drone This is new to everyone and as such there is a lot of misunderstanding floating around. Don't add to the confusion. Be knowledgeable, be considerate, and be responsible when flying!

To me, the best photography/videography tip remains, "The best camera is the one you have with you. Don't leave home without it."

Stunning cases.... In South Africa one or two suppliers were giving those away with pre orders of the flymore combo

My understanding state farm does not cover crashes or damage but does cover flyawway and thefts.
Dji does not cover flyaway or thefts but does cover crashes and damage.
So choose your pill or by both or self insure with caution.
Regards
Buzz

State Farm does cover crash and damage. Not normal wear and tear though

Tip. Touch the top bar and check that all compass calibration and systems are a go before take off and double check settings for RTH height and position.

Create a YouTube channel based around the Mavic and monetize your videos... that way when you crash you have a little money on the side for repair ;)

When shooting video, the best shots are those where you fly quickly in a relatively straight line... left or right, forward or backwards.

Panning seems great when you're shooting it, but views poorly because it's not how our eyes work. When we "scan" a view, our eyes actually jump from one static point to the next.

If you must pan, make it veeeeery gentle... when you're shooting it, you should feel like your barely moving. Or, pan gently then settle to your target shot.

For a great shot:
  • Plan your pass in advance
  • Fly as close to the subject as is safe
  • Centre your subject in frame, or close to
  • Check record is on
  • Open up that throttle!

Don't forget to put your SD card back in after removing you pictures and videos. Otherwise it will suck getting to your site without it. It's also good insurance to have a few extra in your case. They can go bad.

As most of the technical ones are covered i'll go with a simple and helpful tip. Always carry a soft micro fibre cloth in your carry case to wipe of any accidental smudges or dirt on your camera lens. :)

I'm giving away one DJI Mavic hard case by Freewell Gear. For a chance to win, post your favorite DJI Mavic tip below (just one please). I will choose my favorite post on Friday, March 31st and ship the case to the winner for free.

Here's more information about this case:
  • Dimensions: 13 x 12 x 5 inches
  • Weight: 4 lbs 6 oz
  • Contains custom cut slots for the Mavic, remote controller, 2 spare batteries, and 4 accessory slots
  • Watertight
  • Impact-resistant
This is the same case sold by PolarPro, Hobby-Ace, Depstech, Red Rock, and others. The only difference is the "Freewell Gear" label on the top lid of the case. Check out the reviews and additional information here on Amazon.

Here's a video by PolarPro showing this case in action:

Good luck! :)
One of the least understood tips for recording great looking video, especially in the Mavic Pro due to it's fixed aperture, is the absolute necessity for ND filters. Your shutter speed as a rule of thumb should be twice your frame rate, if it's 24fps then shutter speed should be at about 50. Record running water like a water fall at a high shutter speed and then record with the proper one. The water will look real jumpy at high rates and smooth and natural at proper shutter rates. Buy a set of ND filters to match your shutter speeds for the current lighting conditions to shoot better video.

Be careful that you're not blocking the VPS sensors with any add-ons as this could cause mavic to land when you hold down throttle. Also, how the sun affects the VPS, and the way to save your mavic is by going into sports mode.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NotSure