DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Giving drone footage to clients for free - is a commercial licence needed?

ThinWightDuke

Reactions
I run a small graphic design business creating websites and brochures etc.. for my clients.

Would I be able to give my clients free drone footage/photographs that are used on their websites and brochures?

I would charge for the graphic design work creating their websites and brochures but would not charge for the actual drone footage/photographs.

I should clarify I would secure this work regardless if I gave them the free drone footage/photographs or not, so I am not technically being renumerated in any way.

Does anyone know if this is legal in the UK without taking the PfCO licence/course?

thanks

I would say that the provider of that aerial footage, (whether its you or not) if there was commercial gain out of that footage, (even if it was contained in a package) would require to be licenced for commercial operations.

I would say that the provider of that aerial footage, (whether its you or not) if there was commercial gain out of that footage, (even if it was contained in a package) would require to be licenced for commercial operations.
Thanks Simmo

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bahamaboy242