DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Giving droners a bad name...

Sadly true, this sort of news only reinforces the general publics usual poor opinions of drones.
Thankfully it's on a drone news website, and mostly unread by the general public at large, but such a story could easily make mainstream media.
Wonder how many form bad opinions of motor vehicles that ferry drugs and other contraband over the borders by road ?

Yep. All us droners are pervert peeping tom's and drug runners!! :D:D:D

The blame although easy to lay at the feet of the people who complain, is in fact at the feet of those bad apples that give any credibility to their fears.

If you are looking for negative news abt drones you will find them.
But you should notice that a lot of documentaries and travel shows, and occasional news, include footage from drones now. It’s getting pretty common with a lot of amazing shots that you would never get without a drone. The world will look a little flat without drones.

Prisons, borders, Peeping Toms, etc. Unfortunately, that is a bit of bad news. That is something that has been happening for years now. However, illegal use has not stopped the innovative use of drones. Just like any other technological item, if someone can find an illegal/immoral use for technology . . . Remember, it's the CRIMINALS who strive to find wrongful use, not the lawful owners. (Sounds a bit like the gun issue, doesn't it?)

Just criminals being criminals. Sad that the border is a no fly zone, but I guess this just illustrates why. (Texas law prohibits taking pictures with drones within 25 miles of the border-I think)

Last edited:
Just criminals being criminals. Sad that the border is a no fly zone, but I guess this just illustrates why. (Texas law prohibits taking pictures with drones within 25 miles of the border-I think)
Wow...that seems like an excessive distance. Makes me wonder why they don’t for group like the Civil Air Patrol To do some patrolling. Imagine the benefit of harnessing that potential.

Makes me wonder why they don’t for group like the Civil Air Patrol To do some patrolling. Imagine the benefit of harnessing that potential.

Not a bad concept, and I'm sure a lot of proactive citizens would sign up . . . but if flying VLOS, there's a risk of conflict with drug operatives on the US side, there to collect the 'goods'.
Probably the real risk of getting murdered / tortured by drug cartel members might put a lot of volunteers off.

Reactions: Parrotoid

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ctiptonk