DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Glasses remote controller will not switch on.

John Gowland

Premium Pilot
Reactions
The remote controller for my Bt300 glasses will not turn on. It’s the first time it has not done so. Has anyone come across this issue and know of a way to get it going? Mine have had thousands of hours of use with an Air, Mavic Pro, Phantom 4 pro and Mavic 2. They really have lasted a long time. But I would rather not buy a new pair given the hope that there will be software available for the new glasses soon. Is there an easy fix or repair process?

The remote controller for my Bt300 glasses will not turn on. It’s the first time it has not done so. Has anyone come across this issue and know of a way to get it going? Mine have had thousands of hours of use with an Air, Mavic Pro, Phantom 4 pro and Mavic 2. They really have lasted a long time. But I would rather not buy a new pair given the hope that there will be software available for the new glasses soon. Is there an easy fix or repair process?
Hey John. Are you referring to the android box? So the CPU won't turn on? I'm not familiar with a "Remote controller" for the BT300s.

If you plug it in, does it respond to the power? Can you turn it on while the power is plugged in?

Are you open to a hard reset?

Given the amount of use, sounds like the power button failed. Seen it before.

Thanks gjmphoto its the controller for the bt 300 glasses. I think you might be right DVegaman its been switched on and off very many times.
I tell you the thought of flying without the glasses is a bit depressing.

It's more than half the fun gone!

John,

Buddy of mine has done a repair. I have pictures if interested, or can put you in contact with him. Bent the switch in. If that is the case, should be an easy fix for you.

Attachments

• 42697407_158091575128832_2154224856869109760_n.jpg
    42697407_158091575128832_2154224856869109760_n.jpg
    420.4 KB · Views: 36
  • 42748051_532886880492575_8220866424462114816_n.jpg
    42748051_532886880492575_8220866424462114816_n.jpg
    387.2 KB · Views: 36
Last edited:
John, Have you tried holding the power button in for at least 10 seconds? Do you get a charge indication when connected to the charger? If not, try a different charger and/or cable.

Good to know DVegaman. I'll keep it in mind for the future.
But the
weirdest thing happened this morning. I was about to pack the glasses up to send to Epson for a fix when I did a last check and the dam thing turned on!
wt.. It first flashed green which means booting up then blue, ready to go, then flashing deep orange meaning warning of very low battery.
What seems to have
happened is that it just would not charge with any charger of cable. It then drained almost all power. After a 8 or so hours so was able to use a tiny amount of power to turn on. I managed to see that it was down to 7% of power.
So if it happens to you, having tried all charges and cables leave it for a day and it may rise from the dead.

Reactions: Smalls and DVegaman
Good to know DVegaman. I'll keep it in mind for the future.
But the
weirdest thing happened this morning. I was about to pack the glasses up to send to Epson for a fix when I did a last check and the dam thing turned on!
wt.. It first flashed green which means booting up then blue, ready to go, then flashing deep orange meaning warning of very low battery.
What seems to have
happened is that it just would not charge with any charger of cable. It then drained almost all power. After a 8 or so hours so was able to use a tiny amount of power to turn on. I managed to see that it was down to 7% of power.
So if it happens to you, having tried all charges and cables leave it for a day and it may rise from the dead.
\

Is it charging all the way back up now?

John,

Perhaps when you turned them off they didn't really turn off and went into sleep mode which in turn ran the battery completely dead. On my glasses on several occasions i turned them off and watched them completely shut down only to have them turn themselves back on 30 seconds to a minute later. This condition will drain the battery quickly. Just something to keep in mind. Glad they are working again.

~Bill

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
da4o98