DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Glitching Video

1 month? haha. That feels like how long our summer lasts.

So i was busy last night but managed to get 4.1.10 installed and by just standing the drone beside me i didn't see any video lag / glitches / issues. So I'll take it in the air at lunch today :) I must not of gone back so far in versions last time i did this. a Little annoying though that I may not be able to update as I know they do release new features from time to time.

It's alright because the older versions you can download maps of your entire country so that if you do not have internet.. you are good to go.. Happy we narrowed it down to the phone.. Can you send me the make model and android version of your phone? I will look and see if there are any custom roms for it. If so, I can help you install it if you need me to. Yeah but year round it is super nice there, no?

It's alright because the older versions you can download maps of your entire country so that if you do not have internet.. you are good to go.. Happy we narrowed it down to the phone.. Can you send me the make model and android version of your phone? I will look and see if there are any custom roms for it. If so, I can help you install it if you need me to. Yeah but year round it is super nice there, no?

I'll get that info tonight :) That would be awesome if you can man. Just a version you recommend is fine and I can sort the rest. If you have a link to a guide even better but its not my first time doing something like this, never changed the rom on an android before but on a lot of other devices.

If you call rain and 18c highs nice then sure hahaha. Its one of those trade offs I guess, we don;t have tropical storms, hurricanes, cyclones and all that stuff. We also have zero snakes or deadly spiders, I can't think of anything that could kill you that isn't in a zoo haha. Maybe a shark but even then they are very rare and I can think of 1 time somene died from an attack ever. We don;t even need to worry about person on person murders either, if one happens it makes national news and its a huge deal. Overall its not bad at all, just expect rain most days for 6 months but its on and off rain so you can usually go out and do things, just wait 10 minutes haha. Everyone who comes here loves it. I dont think theres anywhere in NZ that is more than an hour or 2 from the beach. I have a beach 15 mins away, and then I can go to the other coast within an hour.

Hopefully :) Will report in a few hours, its 9.30am here and stuck at my desk at work sadly haha.

It is 2:09Pm here so if you get home and need help just hit me up, I am usually up pretty late
I'll get that info tonight :) That would be awesome if you can man. Just a version you recommend is fine and I can sort the rest. If you have a link to a guide even better but its not my first time doing something like this, never changed the rom on an android before but on a lot of other devices.

If you call rain and 18c highs nice then sure hahaha. Its one of those trade offs I guess, we don;t have tropical storms, hurricanes, cyclones and all that stuff. We also have zero snakes or deadly spiders, I can't think of anything that could kill you that isn't in a zoo haha. Maybe a shark but even then they are very rare and I can think of 1 time somene died from an attack ever. We don;t even need to worry about person on person murders either, if one happens it makes national news and its a huge deal. Overall its not bad at all, just expect rain most days for 6 months but its on and off rain so you can usually go out and do things, just wait 10 minutes haha. Everyone who comes here loves it. I dont think theres anywhere in NZ that is more than an hour or 2 from the beach. I have a beach 15 mins away, and then I can go to the other coast within an hour.

Ouch the rain for 6 months would def be the death of me.. We rarely get rain so the only thing I have to check for is wind conditions but the summers... A few years back they grounded all the planes because it reached 50C.

It is 2:09Pm here so if you get home and need help just hit me up, I am usually up pretty late

Sweet thanks man

Ouch the rain for 6 months would def be the death of me.. We rarely get rain so the only thing I have to check for is wind conditions but the summers... A few years back they grounded all the planes because it reached 50C.

Weather and temperature averages for Auckland, New Zealand

Check that link and you will see what I mean :) It's not as bad as it sounds. By rain its literally a shower for 10 mins then sunny for a few then maybe another 10 min light shower. Auckland can have 4 seasons in one day everyone says and its true haha. Or if you don't like the weather just wait 10 minutes.

So good and bad news haha. First the video is now great YAY! Bad news, it now has a error saying the battery monitor is in error and it can;t show me battery remaining on the drone, it also says in follow me mode I get an error that it can't get gps signal yet on the app on the phone it shows full gps and 16 or 19 written beside it. The controller also shows GPS like this. Never had the GPS signal issue before and I'm flying it in the same place at my house as I always have :/

So good and bad news haha. First the video is now great YAY! Bad news, it now has a error saying the battery monitor is in error and it can;t show me battery remaining on the drone, it also says in follow me mode I get an error that it can't get gps signal yet on the app on the phone it shows full gps and 16 or 19 written beside it. The controller also shows GPS like this. Never had the GPS signal issue before and I'm flying it in the same place at my house as I always have :/

GPS on the phone is different. The one you see on the screen is the number the Mavic P has... Try a full power off and back on and see if that helps.. We will be able to work through this.. for sure..

I am wondering if the GO App is having problems because of the firmware on the MP. Is it the newest? Can you hook into your computer and downgrade it?

GPS on the phone is different. The one you see on the screen is the number the Mavic P has... Try a full power off and back on and see if that helps.. We will be able to work through this.. for sure..

So if both the controller and app show full then it realistically should be working? I would understand if I was somewhere new but I've used this before without issue at my house so I know it shouldn't be happening.

The battery one scares me though, kind of need to know how much battery is remaining on the drone haha.

Do you think a custom rom is the next best step and see if i can run a newer version? Or what do you think? :)

I am wondering if the GO App is having problems because of the firmware on the MP. Is it the newest? Can you hook into your computer and downgrade it?

Their is a new update out but I would be on a pretty new one on the drone, maybe a few weeks to a month old. I can plug it in and try downgrade it one below if I haven't done that already.

Their is a new update out but I would be on a pretty new one on the drone, maybe a few weeks to a month old. I can plug it in and try downgrade it one below if I haven't done that already.

It is worth a shot. Try this, turn on dynamic home point... Take off and move about 20 meters and hit RTH but make sure you have GPS at the top of the GO App. Make sure it is not in ATTI mode. Oh and if you can try to stay low and set your RTH alt low as well if the environment permits.

It is worth a shot. Try this, turn on dynamic home point... Take off and move about 20 meters and hit RTH but make sure you have GPS at the top of the GO App. Make sure it is not in ATTI mode.

I've never used the return home function before, but I'll give it a shot. Always just flown it to where i wanted it to land as it kind of worries me to give it control when i don't need too haha.

I've never used the return home function before, but I'll give it a shot. Always just flown it to where i wanted it to land as it kind of worries me to give it control when i don't need too haha.

I want to check if it is giving you a warning because of your phone or because of the MP but if it is a DJI APP version incompatibility with the firmware on your bird, that rom will fix it so you can run the newest version.

Reactions: Former Member
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brokerman