DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Global shutter?

I was surprised to read this response from DJI...
Mavic Air Shutter Type - Rolling or Global?

That's obviously wrong, and bad information provided by the DJI support person. Perhaps the terminology threw them off too. I know different people refer to it differently but it's either an electronic shutter or a mechanical shutter. As of today, below the Inspire line, the only DJI drone with a mechanical shutter is the Phantom 4 Pro.

You could just as easily check the DJI website for the specs on the Phantom 4 Pro and the Mavic Air:

Phantom 4 Pro:
Mechanical Shutter Speed8 - 1/2000 s

Mavic Air:
Shutter SpeedElectronic Shutter: 8 - 1/8000s

Reactions: Kilrah
I love their reply:
"Hi, good day James_ML. Thanks for reaching out. We will forward this to our designated department for us to provide you the correct information with regards to this inquiry." ?

That's obviously wrong, and bad information provided by the DJI support person. Perhaps the terminology threw them off too. I know different people refer to it differently but it's either an electronic shutter or a mechanical shutter. As of today, below the Inspire line, the only DJI drone with a mechanical shutter is the Phantom 4 Pro.

You could just as easily check the DJI website for the specs on the Phantom 4 Pro and the Mavic Air:

Phantom 4 Pro:
Mechanical Shutter Speed8 - 1/2000 s

Mavic Air:
Shutter SpeedElectronic Shutter: 8 - 1/8000s
And electronic shutters can be rolling and/of global- lines read consecutively with the former or the whole sensor area simultaneously with the later.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MJHind