DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Glue for MIRCO USB door

mkaiser

Reactions
okay so the door of the micro USB port has two notches for holding it in place! One notch has broken and I have it so what is the best glue to use for sticking it back on there! I want a glue that will not damage the plastic!

What is the plastic used in the construction of the magic ?

Thanks

Cyanoacrylate :)

I don’t know of a glue that will hold something so small for very long. I would suggest looking for a new door - someone like Thunderdrones May be able to help

okay so the door of the micro USB port has two notches for holding it in place! One notch has broken and I have it so what is the best glue to use for sticking it back on there! I want a glue that will not damage the plastic!

What is the plastic used in the construction of the magic ?

Thanks
On my new Mavic Pro, I've already managed to break off one of the two plastic tabs that secure the Micro USB door to the Mavic's body.

And, the other tab has gotten very "bendy" and will shortly fail.

This is *extremely* troubling. I've only opened the door a few times to download footage from the Micro HD card and I've always been careful about opening the door.

Well, yes, tape (eventually).

My point is that the construction quality of this part is simply terrible. And, let me stress that I've been very careful with the door and it's failed anyway.

Small dab of RTV on the outside should do the trick. It'll hold it in place and can easily be peeled off if you need to access the door. Won't damage the finish either.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kueaue