DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Glue in hex screw heads.

FlyingFilmmaker

Reactions
Site
flyingfilmmakerpro.com
So I was looking over the Mavic to see what I needed to order for the repair (got a repair set for DJI and a soldering gun) and I found that two of the hex head screws are filled with glue. Not glued in place just the screw head is filled with glue. Has anyone seen this before? Any ideas how to fix it?

P.S. I got the rear hinges today and two out of the (odly) 3 were cracked. One was cracked all the way around and another had the stop broken nearly off. I messaged the Ebay seller and they (very strangely) sent me photos of the exact ones I got with the cracks clearly visible before shipping. So back they go and the search begins again...

The glue is like a spot of hot melt or similar, it'll just pop out with a sharp awl or strong needle (maybe even a weak one!).

Edit: Oh, and if you don't have them already, a couple of good spudgers (plastic pry tools), along with a good set of tools - which typically include the spudgers. The tool kits are available to work on things like cell phones and laptops etc.

For your soldering iron (pencil iron), you'll want one that's about 40 watts, but much nicer still is one of the many available solder rework stations. Not too expensive and will variously include a hot air gun with reducers (handy but not needed on drones) and maybe a solder sucker (the manual solder suckers will work just fine too, and allow you to easily remove any oxidized solder from the PC board pads). It's best to remove all the solder from the pads and use new solder for wire attach. A set of wire picks (soldering aids) is good to hold the wire in place on the PC board pad for soldering, as it's most important for the wire not to move until after the solder sets, this to avoid a cold solder joint (one that looks frosted is no good).

Last edited:
The glue is like a spot of hot melt or similar, it'll just pop out with a sharp awl or strong needle (maybe even a weak one!).
Ok, I'll have to try popping them out. Is this something DJI does at the factory or does it mean mine has been torn appart before?

No, it's factory. Probably so they can tell if it's been taken apart. :c( You could always save the little chunks and use a tiny bit of super glue to replace them if you ever need to send it in officially.

BTW, I added to my original response above.

Reactions: FlyingFilmmaker
as @bumper said they are anti tamper ,they show if the drone has been taken apart ,also inside the drone there are indicators that show if it has been in water

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
turtle27mike