DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Go 4 App- Map or Direction

Cherokee Dronie

Reactions
I am new in the drone world. Flew RC for many years. I'm curious as to what most people use when flying, the map screen or the direction screen. in my newbie experience it seems the direction screen more accurately shows the position of the aircraft to the pilot.

if you have a IOS device ,then both the drone orientation display and the map screen are displayed along the bottom ,i use both of them for different reasons
the map to tell me the direction the drone is pointing ,and the orientation display to make sure the drone is pointing to magnetic north before i take off ,they are both useful when the drone is out around the thousand foot mark to indicate the direction of flight,i dont use the auto RTH i prefer to fly home manually and using the map i just yaw the drone till the arrow is pointing directly towards the home point and just fly back till i get closer, then if i am going to land i will descend at the same time ,depending on my surroundings and any people around me

Last edited:
if you have a IOS device ,then both the drone orientation display and the map screen are displayed along the bottom
I believe that both are displayed in iPads, but only one of the two is displayed on iPhones, although you can switch between both.

I believe that both are displayed in iPads, but only one of the two is displayed on iPhones, although you can switch between both.
Correct. I have only one map display in the bottom left of the screen, but I can toggle between the two. If I’m on the edge of vlos I prefer the orientation display to know which way the drone is pointing. I was just curious what you guys used the most often between the two. An iPad mini 4 is on my radar after Covid is over.

An iPad mini 4 is on my radar after Covid is over.

Way to go :)
Having it all on screen and not too crowded to see it all is great.

Edit - just noticed a mini4 on classifieds, not sure if sold.

Refurb mini 4s are quite widespread too from suppliers, good value from numerous posts here in the past.
For a drone flight only tool, you don't need massive specs.

Way to go :)
Having it all on screen and not too crowded to see it all is great.

Edit - just noticed a mini4 on classifieds, not sure if sold.

Refurb mini 4s are quite widespread too from suppliers, good value from numerous posts here in the past.
For a drone flight only tool, you don't need massive specs.
Thanks for the info!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zacf