DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

GO 4 App not detecting video clips

Justrbloke

Reactions
Anyone else experiencing this?
Video recorded on my Mavic did not save to my iPad Mini 4, so I uploaded from the SD card to the Mini via iTunes on my PC. All good.
Trying to edit the clips, all of which are over 30 seconds long, nothing new, the Go 4 App detects and shows all earlier videos, and the photos I took alongside these recent videos, but still does not show the video clips in the Local Folder.
Thinking it might be an iPad Mini 4 issue, I did the same thing with my iPhone 7 Plus, which I used before getting the Mini, done heaps of editing with it - uploaded the clips, visible in the Photos App - nothing, Go 4 does not display/detect them.
I’ve rebooted everything and run the latest upgrades, still nothing.
Doing my head in, not happy!
Known issue? Anyone got a fix?

Last edited:
Did you accidentally turn off video caching in the Go 4 app? Or did you recently update your FW and it reset it to not cache the files?

No.

I’ve now worked out that Apple have setup a new folder in the Photos app called Video. This is separate from Camera Roll. Mavic footage is being saved in the Video folder and cannot be accessed by the DJI Editor, which is trying to access Camera Roll.

Anyone know how to transfer footage from the Video folder to the Camera Roll folder?
Or access the Video folder from the GO 4 editor?

Last edited:
Get a lightning SD card adapter. (Something like this. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B074897MTM)
Put the SD card into it and plug it into your iPad.
Open the corresponding app for the adapter on your iPad.
Copy the videos to your device.

OR

Upload your videos to a file sharing service like OneDrive or DropBox on a computer.
Open the corresponding app on your iPad.
Download the videos.

Thanks, but the videos are already on my device, they’ve already been uploaded. The DJI GO4 app simply can’t find them as Apple has shifted them to another folder, they’re not in Camera Roll.

How do I shift files back into Camera Roll?

Thanks, but the videos are already on my device, they’ve already been uploaded. The DJI GO4 app simply can’t find them as Apple has shifted them to another folder, they’re not in Camera Roll.

1. Open the Files app.
  2. Tap Videos folder.
  3. Tap and hold on the item you want to move once you've found it.
  4. If you want to move multiple items to the same destination, continue holding the first item with one finger, then tap any subsequent items with another.
  5. Drag all items to their new destination.

Delete them from there and start over.

Delete them from there and start over.
Not sure if you're a troll or what, but ahh, no.

Did some more research and installed an app called FileManager, for anyone else who may experience a similar issue.
‎File Manager & Browser on the App Store

FileManager very easily and quickly allowed files to be transferred back into CameraRoll where they could be accessed by the DJI GO 4 editor. Problem solved.

Not sure if you're a troll or what, but ahh, no.

Did some more research and installed an app called FileManager, for anyone else who may experience a similar issue.
‎File Manager & Browser on the App Store

FileManager very easily and quickly allowed files to be transferred back into CameraRoll where they could be accessed by the DJI GO 4 editor. Problem solved.
Not a troll at all. Not sure why in the world you would say that.

But good luck.

Reactions: RogerMav
Not a troll at all. Not sure why in the world you would say that.

But good luck.

I like your solution. I will try it because I'm experiencing this same issue, but I hope DJI will have a real solution some day.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gfusato