DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Go 4 app

YESNO

Reactions
Hi all! How is the new update on the 4.1.22? Android... Stable? I'm very scared to upgrade after my last upgrade and the had to roll back to 4.1.15... After lagging images etc. Running a S8 ±[emoji16]

Ive been using Go4 V.22 since release on apk.com and have had no issues at all but am using the Huawei Ascend XT Wunderphone which is fantastic.
I find V.22 much better than V.18 and video stream seems to be faster and smoother.
Also tested on Galaxy S5 which struggled a bit on Video stream on V.18 and still had a little pixelated video at times and bad latency but seems OK on V.22 so DJI have obviously done a we fix.

With all due respect,.. and being new to android- I don't see how any reply to this type of question would really matter to the folks asking or reading it. My point is you and I *might* have the same version of android but; if I'm on a Samsung and you are on a chrome-book we are really talking about TWO different creatures as I understand it.
Samsung, in order to make their product more appealing, changes things in it's version of android.
I'll assume chromebook (or any other product) would sorta do the same, or NOT.

It wouldn't matter now since, after all the question is posed in a general sorta way. Am I not getting this? Am I interpreting this the wrong way?
That, if what I'm stating is correct, is why I don't think a question could be pertinent to all other than in a broadly general sorta way. Help me understand it better if I am off, please.

I do understand it is always good to know a release is acting fine for most but, other than that, we can only take this with a broad brush, CORRECT?
Again, with all due respect. Not trying to start a flame war rather, trying to understand Android. Thx.

With all due respect,.. and being new to android- I don't see how any reply to this type of question would really matter to the folks asking or reading it. My point is you and I *might* have the same version of android but; if I'm on a Samsung and you are on a chrome-book we are really talking about TWO different creatures as I understand it.
Samsung, in order to make their product more appealing, changes things in it's version of android.
I'll assume chromebook (or any other product) would sorta do the same, or NOT.

It wouldn't matter now since, after all the question is posed in a general sorta way. Am I not getting this? Am I interpreting this the wrong way?
That, if what I'm stating is correct, is why I don't think a question could be pertinent to all other than in a broadly general sorta way. Help me understand it better if I am off, please.

I do understand it is always good to know a release is acting fine for most but, other than that, we can only take this with a broad brush, CORRECT?
Again, with all due respect. Not trying to start a flame war rather, trying to understand Android. Thx.
Thanks for comment, but all I really wanted to know was that if the app itself was now stable for Android or not? Wanted to save me the hassle that I had of rolling back previously after updating to 4.1.18...lol. I upgraded last night and s8+ is running smoothly... First flight will be done later today... If stable... Cat S60 is next ... [emoji12]

Ive been using Go4 V.22 since release on apk.com and have had no issues at all but am using the Huawei Ascend XT Wunderphone which is fantastic.
I find V.22 much better than V.18 and video stream seems to be faster and smoother.
Also tested on Galaxy S5 which struggled a bit on Video stream on V.18 and still had a little pixelated video at times and bad latency but seems OK on V.22 so DJI have obviously done a we fix.
That is good to know. I too am using the Huawei Ascend XT2 "Wunderphone". Every version of DJI GO4 I've downloaded since getting the MPP has crashed, often multiple times during a flight (does not seem to matter which Android device I've tried it on). It surprised me a few flights ago when I did a full 10+ minute flight and it didn't crash. With that kind of stability I've not dared take another upgrade (the enemy you know and all that).

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pleopard