DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Go app 4 connection issues with controller only

techme06

Reactions
Hi , I’m having issues with my controller connecting with my iphone and ipad mini 4. A week ago they seem to be weeking just fine and that was the last time i flew it. No new updates install and currently running latest firmware. Wifi connects just fine, I’ve tested a 3 different usb cable connecting it with the usb on the controller with no luck. The controller it self does have connection to the mavic and responds. I can’t seems to solve this problem and could use your help, Thanks

I normally suspect a rouge update but you state that there were none. Does that include an iOS update? Since you are now having a connection problem with two different iDevices trying 3 different cables, I suspect a recent iOS update. I am using Android and I can't remember exact details of the solution, but try searching from that angle.

Reactions: techme06
I always have a disconnect fault when starting up the Mavic. If I disconnect the cable from either the controller or the Mini4 it reconnects. Had this problem since day one (Feb,2017). Did everything that other people did to solve this problem to no avail. I'm sure DJI is aware of this but is not doing nothing about it.

I have same issue. Controller connects with Mavic fine, but my iPhone running latest DJI GO 4 app won’t connect. Tried same with my iPad same issue. Tried also another cable and still nothing.

Reactions: techme06 and WAXMAN
I am not the expert here since I use Android, but I have read in this forum problems and fixes involving the iOS version you are running. Having said this, I am gracefully bowing out of this discussion due to my lack of familiarity of the iWorld.

Mossback, your right. There is a new IOS I over looked while focusing on the go app and mavic firmware. After an update the iPad connects just fine. Thanks for your help!

What firmware # did you download?

I downloaded iOS 11.2 size is about 350mb. After doing so connection works fine but it will ask to update to a new firmware within the go app. I haven’t gotten the chance to but will tonight.

I downloaded iOS 11.2 size is about 350mb. After doing so connection works fine but it will ask to update to a new firmware within the go app. I haven’t gotten the chance to but will tonight.
Have a copy of your working Go 4 app available in case their latest update hoses your system. I am on 4.1.15 which has been very stable for me. I just ignore the update recommendation.

Edit: I also ignore any firmware update notices.

Have a copy of your working Go 4 app available in case their latest update hoses your system. I am on 4.1.15 which has been very stable for me. I just ignore the update recommendation.

Edit: I also ignore any firmware update notices.
I have both new updates and still get a disconnect on my controller.

I have both new updates and still get a disconnect on my controller.
I apologize that I may have led you astray. As I mentioned in #5 above, I have an Android-based system and I see you are on iOS. The Go 4 version 4.1.15 works great on my Tab A but may not on your system. My last post was to suggest that whatever setup works for you, have a copy available to reinstall in case you get an update that screws it up.

Reactions: WAXMAN
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
da4o98