DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Go app suddenly stops

DanMan32

Premium Pilot
Reactions
Perhaps this should be posted in the general section, but I'm flying an M2Z so my issue could be more prone with M2's than other models.

Also forgive me if there's already a recent topic on this. I couldn't think of key words in the search that wouldn't create noise in the results.

I have an HTC 10 I use to fly my M2Z. Works great except every so often Go just freezes video then quits.
I did find Boost+ trying to limit phone' battery use on many apps causing even Google Play to crash but I disabled it's control on all apps.
Issue seems to be with video as I do get artifacts and painting on the screen and video freezes just before crash.
I am caching video to SD card, using SanDisk ultra or Ultra Plus (can't remember which). I realize U+ isn't fast enough for use on the AC, especially with 4k recording, but I wouldn't think that to be a factor for cache recording, especially since I do not have it in HD mode. 720p is fine for me for cache video.

Anyone else have issues?

I ordered a used Samsung Tab S3, will arrive Tuesday. My Tab E definitely doesn't cut it, even with a P3A.

Reactions: Gut Stuff
I had the video freeze while flying mp2 pro last week. all of a sudden I noticed no change in the video while flying. I think DJI go 4 is a little glitchy at the moment on my iphone 8 plus

It wouldn't be so bad if the app wouldn't take so long to start back up! That's when I appreciate the basics being displayed on the RC itself.

I think they’ve updated the app again in the past few days so hopefully it is stable again

I just got a Samsung Tab S3, hardly anything new installed that didn't come with it: go3 (for my P3A), go 4, airmap, and I think OneDrive to upload the cached video. Go 4 stopped several times on my 2nd and/or third battery. Airmap was not running but I did have WiFi on connected to my phone's hot-spot for maps and such that Go wants to keep updated. I am caching in 'normal' resolution to an SD card, a SanDisk Ultra.
Go 4 still at 4.3.0 on Android.

Cache turned off did not help.
Seems stable on first flight, just not subsequent ones. I read a suggestion to unplug USB from remote and reboot mobile.
The crashes are training me on not relying on FPV so much.

No crashes so far with latest Go version, but so far only ran one battery at a time. I usually didn't encounter a problem until the 2nd or third flight in a session.
First flight/session was testing after getting the refresh replacement back.
Then I went to a park with a lake in the back but forgot to take the extra battery so only one flight.

Either I got one crash, or I accidentally went off the app. Even if it is still running, if you select it from list of open apps, it seems to reset, starting with the splash screen.
I used to get more crashes than that on the 2nd/third flight though.

What are you using for as cord to connect to the RC? quality of the cord can cause issues.
Also if the cord doesnt fit the plugs tightly.

Reactions: Johnmcl7
I'm using the cord that came with it. Its possible, but I doubt its the cord.
I did get a crash 4 minutes into my 2nd flight out of 3. Its possible the USB A wasn't pushed all the way in, but I would thing if that was it, I'd have more crashes.
When I got home, I launched OneDrive to upload the cache videos and flight logs to it. OneDrive crashed twice. I have to check if power management is messing with app performance/resources to help conserve battery.

It does seem more stable than previous version though.

Crashes are back after first flight. Perhaps I should try rebooting tablet after every flight.
Issue coud also be tablet power management trying to throttle Go app from using 'excessive' resources.

Crashes are back after first flight. Perhaps I should try rebooting tablet after every flight.
Issue coud also be tablet power management trying to throttle Go app from using 'excessive' resources.
I use Hudl2 and Google Nexus no problems with my Mavic pro.Tried a Samsung Tab 3 and app crashes almost immediately.

What are you using for as cord to connect to the RC? quality of the cord can cause issues.
Also if the cord doesnt fit the plugs tightly.

That's exactly what I was thinking as it's come up a few times with a different cable working better and in this case it's common to both devices, particularly when the Tab S3 is mostly clear of other applications.

I've been using a Sony Z Ultra with my Mavic 1 Pro (an elderly Qualcomm 800 based device) which has only the DJI Go app installed which worked better than before I wiped it. For the Mavic 2 Pro I'm using a Galaxy Note 4 which still has all my apps installed on it so I was expecting some issues but it's been working fine.

Have you found if any others have had issues with the Tab S3 tablet? From what I recall some variants of the Tab S2 worked well but others didn't despite them being decent tablets.

That's exactly what I was thinking as it's come up a few times with a different cable working better and in this case it's common to both devices, particularly when the Tab S3 is mostly clear of other applications.

I've been using a Sony Z Ultra with my Mavic 1 Pro (an elderly Qualcomm 800 based device) which has only the DJI Go app installed which worked better than before I wiped it. For the Mavic 2 Pro I'm using a Galaxy Note 4 which still has all my apps installed on it so I was expecting some issues but it's been working fine.

Have you found if any others have had issues with the Tab S3 tablet? From what I recall some variants of the Tab S2 worked well but others didn't despite them being decent tablets.
There has posts both ways on “S” tablets working and not working. I am not sure what is up there. Android version maybe? Device setups different? I don’t do anything with android any more if I can help it. Do a forum search by “S2” and “S3”. I am sure you will find some answers as it’s a fairly common discussion.

It's a whole lot better than what I had to deal with when using the Tab E 9.7. I could manage to coax it to work with only Go 3 for the P3A, but with that, Go 4 and Airmap all asking for the USB, forget it.

There has posts both ways on “S” tablets working and not working. I am not sure what is up there. Android version maybe? Device setups different? I don’t do anything with android any more if I can help it. Do a forum search by “S2” and “S3”. I am sure you will find some answers as it’s a fairly common discussion.

There's two different hardware variants of the S2, one works and one doesn't. I've not seen enough discussion on the S3 to know if it should work.

App crashed first & second flight. This time however it restarted on its own, first time I didn't even have to select Go Fly.
Video starts hesitating before crashes but not too bad. Then it freezes, then it crashes.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Philip Chura