DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Go4 App - Flight Mode Icon Greyed Out

Vinz

Reactions
First - please know that I'm a newbie!
Just got a used MP yesterday, and updated to the latest firmware, both AC and RC, Go4 App v4.3.8, Android. It's a used craft, but I haven't flown it yet.
Things appear to be normal in the app, except that the flight mode icon (looks like a drone) is greyed out. Also when I enter the settings on the far right, there are only 2 options available: general, and RC settings. I cannot access any other settings for the aircraft, gimbal, camera, joystick response, etc. If I turn the RC off, then the flight mode icon in the app turns white, and I can access it, but nothing works cause the RC is off.
Nothing I saw in the manual addresses this, and my quick search on this forum didn't find any matches either.
I haven't flown yet, but I'm reluctant to try if I can't even make some basic settings.
Does anyone know about this?
Thank you.

Reactions: cmparks89
Is the MP also turned on and connected? It has to be before most options are available since they are stored in the MP. Additional options are only available when airborne.

If you dont want to fly , but make adjustments. Remove Propellers and then double press the button on the Mavics battery to power it up. Then connect to the Mavic from the remote controller by powering it on. It will connect and show you the options if you press the little icon that looks like a drone in DJIGO4.

Then you can even spin up the Mavic with both sticks down and inwards if you like and it will just sit there and idle. Its not going to take off as props are off.

Then make sure to click in each prop securely before attempting flight of course.

Is the MP also turned on and connected? It has to be before most options are available since they are stored in the MP. Additional options are only available when airborne.
Thanks for a quick reply!
Oh yes, the MP is on and connected to the App. I can move the gimbal, take photos, start the motors, etc.
Right now I am in DJI Assistant 2, where I restored the factory settings, and am now refreshing the firmware upgrade.
I imagine, as you said, that some settings would only be available once airborne...but it would be nice being able to turn on Beginner Mode BEFORE I take it up!

If you dont want to fly , but make adjustments. Remove Propellers and then double press the button on the Mavics battery to power it up. Then connect to the Mavic from the remote controller by powering it on. It will connect and show you the options if you press the little icon that looks like a drone in DJIGO4.

Then you can even spin up the Mavic with both sticks down and inwards if you like and it will just sit there and idle. Its not going to take off as props are off.

Then make sure to click in each prop securely before attempting flight of course.

Thanks, Bdog. The RC and AC are connected, I get Ready To Go (green) status, 14 satellites, I can spin the motors etc. But the drone icon is dark grey - not white. Pressing it does nothing.

Are you in Beginner mode?
Thanks, Mossilback.
No, it's in Position mode. There is no way for me to select Beginner - I can't access the Flight Mode icon - EVEN IN FLIGHT.
Something is seriously amiss if I can't access those very important settings.

UPDATE:
I took the MP out for a very quick test flight. It was up maybe 15 minutes.
Still, even in flight, the Flight Mode Icon is dark grey, and cannot be accessed. I can't set RTH height, Beginner Mode, or any of those very important settings. When I press on the Settings Icon on the far right, the only two settings that show up are General, and RC Settings. Nothing else is even displayed.
If I turn the RC off, then the Flight Mode Icon turns white, and I can access all those other settings, but they don't actually set - I guess cause the RC is off.

Is Multiple Flight Modes enabled?

1546982700403.png

Is Multiple Flight Modes enabled?

View attachment 58238
Thanks, Mossibank...All of the icons on the left of your screen capture were missing, except the for the RC, and the General (3 dots). I couldn't even access this screen!!
But, I figured out what was wrong, fixed it, and now I'm a happy newbie. See my post below!

OK - Got It Fixed!!
For your reference...
The RC was set up as a secondary controller....I'm a newbie, now how was I supposed to be aware of that?
I relinked the RC to the MP, being sure that "Primary RC" was selected, and bingo, I'm in business!! All the settings icons are available.

Evidently (and it makes sense), a secondary controller will not have access to these crucial settings. Only the primary controller can do so.
As I mentioned, I bought the MP used, so I could not know what the previous pilot did. But I'm sure happy that I was able to figure it out by myself.
I have a strong interest in stereo photography, that's what I will be trying to accomplish with the MP. I have tons of ground-based stereos, that I took over the years, and it was time for something different.

Thanks guys, for your eagerness in helping me. I can see how valuable this place is, and will continue to be!

Reactions: dawgpilot
Yea! With all the things I have done and read about, I have never heard of a RC being set up as a secondary controller on a new setup. Thanks for the education.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
palaiouras