DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

GO4 - you know what would be sweet?

mrwagdog

Reactions
I mostly fly using my 9.7” iPad. I just noticed it fits in the MP controller perfectly in portrait orientation.

Unfortunately GO4 is landscape mode only.

Wouldn’t it be nice if GO4 worked in portrait mode with camera/regular view in the top half and map/radar/histogram on the bottom half. There is plenty of screen real estate for that.

I wonder if there is any chance DJI would ever do that? Do they take suggestions for their app or is it pretty much you get what you get?

That would be a great layout idea for Portrait Orientation. I dont think you have a snowballs chance in hades though.

That would be a great layout idea for Portrait Orientation. I dont think you have a snowballs chance in hades though.
Me neither.

I sent a message on DJI’s support page. They said they would forward it to their engineers. As a programmer myself I know odds of them doing anything with it are slim to none. But, at least I sent it to ‘em.

It just seems like portrait mode with a iPad/tablet would be a no-brainer and repositioning the widgets should be pretty straight forward. As is, my iPad in portrait is wider than most phones.

There is no incentive for them to pay thier software developers for a small minority of 9.7 " Ipad users.

There is no incentive for them to pay thier software developers for a small minority of 9.7 " Ipad users.
Ehhhhh, I see your point, but, there are quite a few folks using tablets (not just iPads) that would benefit.

I‘m also a programmer :)

To be honest I see very limited benefit of portrait orientation.
The format of the camera is 4:3, 16:9 or something else in „landscape format“. So where is the benefit ?
Either you have tons of unused space on the user interface in the vertical axis OR you loose parts of the image (in horizontal fov)

Also, an iPad in portrait orientation would bring the RC much to far away from me.... loosing some control

I would ask DJI in first working on other features :)

I‘m also a programmer :)

To be honest I see very limited benefit of portrait orientation.
The format of the camera is 4:3, 16:9 or something else in „landscape format“. So where is the benefit ?
Either you have tons of unused space on the user interface in the vertical axis OR you loose parts of the image (in horizontal fov)

Also, an iPad in portrait orientation would bring the RC much to far away from me.... loosing some control

I would ask DJI in first working on other features :)
I've think having the upper part be the FPV and the lower part be the map/satellite/widgets view would be great. No screen real estate wasted. The upper-half is much larger than a 5.5" phone and still provides plenty of FPV visuals. Having the widgets on the bottom would free up the FPV view as well.

I've attached a mock-up.
ipad_go4_port.jpg

Reactions: Facherty
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
invertedloser