DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Goggle options list, the mythical... DJI goggles and Epson Moverio BT300

Mr Spock

Reactions
"Where are the Mavic goggles?"
For those of that where lucky to get their Mavics for some time now and even for some that will get theirs soon (worth the wait this machine is an incredible game changer in my humble opinion) something is missing and that is the ability to be able to connect goggles to the Mavic RC by any means or at least via traditional HDMI.
There are of course some options out there now like:
1. Use a tablets with and HDMI o/p
2. Miracast to HDMI donggles but you will need an external battery
3. Chinese OEM Android goggles with a handheld mouspad but mostly run Android 4.4 so not sure if the DJIGO4 app would work
4. Epson Moverio BT300 that seam not to be ready or available yet even for testing....
5. VR headsets by using the Litchi app but there is no way to be able to control the screen of the phone as you will be actually wearing them on your head...
So in my opinion at least there are only 2 best options when they will be available.
The DJI goggles or the Epson Moverio BT300.
Now the BT300 i belive are still not fully developed as the are only available on pre order and according to Epson web site they will be available end of Dec 2016 subject to blah blah blah, bottom line is only a handful of test videos and a few promo videos are out there claiming that the Moverio BT300s work. I will belive it when is see it and there are a few integration issues if u consider that mouse pad like trackball thing the Moverios have for a user to control them and all the cabling.
Now the DJI goggles look like the only clean option as they are designed for the DJI drones and specifically for the Mavic but why they are not even available for bet testing to DJI dealers for us to see at least some videos online and hope that they will come someday soon? It is a big disappointment not to have at least an HDMI port or a module available for the Mavic RC.
8cb6a95225d16e20920286f6f4ea1959.jpg
d8c8dff55f8a431b9a322892ae763a45.jpg
1481462844634.png
2d85ee7adc6918b77a697b9263f23eba.jpg
81f7e27a679d9658ea8a90d43ab5edb0.jpg
91d6bfab630746e1b69941aa87c18901.jpg
adc1e7f5b0c31e7fa4008e176747a08b.jpg
1ae775ab4626b2727536a9f819e97c30.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: lone droner
You can use the litchi app quite easily actually. You can customize the C1, C2, and the dpad custom buttons to help you switch in and out of VR or do a POI or what have you. Also C1 and C2 can have 2 commands, one triggered by a short and one by a long press. It's actually quite good.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

I have the Lichi app bought from my P3A days and I am very tempted to use it with a cheap VR headset but the problem is like I mentioned if you want to change some of the settings whilst having the phone straped on your head you will have to remove the headset and the phone from it to touch the screen. Also I am a bit afraid in case something goes wrong with the Lichi or the Mavic Wilstead using it then DJI won't cover any damage repair if I was not using the official DJI GO app. Have you used it in VR mode with the Mavic?

There are no ports for goggles because they will be wireless. Also, I suspect DJI is putting its goggles on hold until the Mavic distribution problem is solved and to create a larger market for the goggles.

There are no ports for goggles because they will be wireless. Also, I suspect DJI is putting its goggles on hold until the Mavic distribution problem is solved and to create a larger market for the goggles.
Yes that much I know as they describe that their goggles will be streaming directly from the drone and I also suspect they will be controlling some aspects of the camera like the tilt when u move your head. But still they should alow the HDMI option like in the Phantom and Inspire series. Yes the delay should be as you say due to the Mavic shipment delays. But we have yet to see a single Beta version video out there so might be other reasons too for the delay i.e. techical reasons that they are ironing out.

I think the DJI goggles are going to cost as much as the Mavic w/o controller does. In this case they are not going to sell a lot of them, except maybe to Inspire2 or P4P owners. For my money they(DJI) should provide a wireless Occusync receiver with a HDMI out so you can use the goggles of your choice, this would be especially attractive for those who have already invested a lot of $$$ in a set of 3rd party goggles like FatShark. I don't see them doing this because it is the right thing to do. I want goggles, but I will NOT pay 600-900 for them. (providing they ever come out)

Reactions: Mr Spock
I agree I'd love to see an adapter. I already have Fat Shark D3 goggles that I like a lot. Small and portable with good quality but only 720P. I'm debating about picking up a Nvidia Shield to try with them I but haven't seen or heard proof the Fat Sharks with 720P will work with the Shield.

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

Is it just me or does everyone else think the design team that came up with the DJI headset are at least a decade behind the Mavic design team ??

How on earth can they produce the Mavic in all its compact glory and then come up with a headset from the 1970's ???

Still scratching my head in disbelief . ....

Until the DJI goggles come out i have ordered some things to try 2 of the options.
One cheap VR head set with Bluetooth remote and will run that with Litchi. The other is a low cost HDMI goggles set that i will connect to a Miracast donggle or a tablet with HDMI O/P.
I defo wanna try the Epson Moverio BT300s but they are yet to be seen... I wish there was an update on the DJI goggles too! And yes they look too big and not portable at all compared to the mavic.

Question: Is it not possible to run the LItchi Vue app and use that for the goggles whilst keeping your normal view attached to the controller?

"Where are the Mavic goggles?"
For those of that where lucky to get their Mavics for some time now and even for some that will get theirs soon (worth the wait this machine is an incredible game changer in my humble opinion) something is missing and that is the ability to be able to connect goggles to the Mavic RC by any means or at least via traditional HDMI.
There are of course some options out there now like:
1. Use a tablets with and HDMI o/p
2. Miracast to HDMI donggles but you will need an external battery
3. Chinese OEM Android goggles with a handheld mouspad but mostly run Android 4.4 so not sure if the DJIGO4 app would work
4. Epson Moverio BT300 that seam not to be ready or available yet even for testing....
5. VR headsets by using the Litchi app but there is no way to be able to control the screen of the phone as you will be actually wearing them on your head...
So in my opinion at least there are only 2 best options when they will be available.
The DJI goggles or the Epson Moverio BT300.
Now the BT300 i belive are still not fully developed as the are only available on pre order and according to Epson web site they will be available end of Dec 2016 subject to blah blah blah, bottom line is only a handful of test videos and a few promo videos are out there claiming that the Moverio BT300s work. I will belive it when is see it and there are a few integration issues if u consider that mouse pad like trackball thing the Moverios have for a user to control them and all the cabling.
Now the DJI goggles look like the only clean option as they are designed for the DJI drones and specifically for the Mavic but why they are not even available for bet testing to DJI dealers for us to see at least some videos online and hope that they will come someday soon? It is a big disappointment not to have at least an HDMI port or a module available for the Mavic RC.
8cb6a95225d16e20920286f6f4ea1959.jpg
d8c8dff55f8a431b9a322892ae763a45.jpg
View attachment 2305
2d85ee7adc6918b77a697b9263f23eba.jpg
81f7e27a679d9658ea8a90d43ab5edb0.jpg
91d6bfab630746e1b69941aa87c18901.jpg
adc1e7f5b0c31e7fa4008e176747a08b.jpg
1ae775ab4626b2727536a9f819e97c30.jpg
the perfect combination to use with the BT 350 the trackpad is pretty sketchy this little thing moves very slowly also use a Logitech keyboard1494389937903-1879662390.jpg
1494389841370-999432989.jpg

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davidt2