DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Goggles 3/MC3/RC2 questions

gcopter1

Reactions
I currently own no drones.
Been thinking about getting one, either a Mini 4 or an Air 3.

Been reading around and have found out that when using the Goggles 3, you loose zoom capabilities with the RC 2.

However, not sure if zoom and other features, are available if you use the MC 3?

Besides the ability to use the zoom on the Air 3, I'd like also being able to use head tracking as well.

Guessing that feature is also lost if you use the goggles and the RC 2 as well?

TIA.

Typically, when flying FPV, you are using the camera to see where you are flying rather than photography so zoom is normally not an available function. I don't own the Goggles 3 but my guess is that zoom will not be available with them either.

Reactions: gcopter1
No zooming in any goggles. Pretty much for the reasons @3rdof5 said.

Goggles are mainly an FPV-type drone thing, so the features and UI are tailored to those needs. Goggles support for DJI camera drones is relatively recent (not counting the old white goggles), and has a very "slapped on after the fact" feel to the experience with camera drones.

Thank you for your replies.

What about head tracking?

Is this feature dependant on using the MC3?

Not being able to zoom in, is a bummer, and that narrows my choice to the Mini 4.

Been using DJI goggles since the white model. To me, is the best way to experience flight.

I've owned the Air 3 before and being able to zoom in from a distance is nice though.

Still considering a third party choice as far as the goggles go but, they are as much, if not more, as expensive as the DJI goggles themselves.

Thank you for your replies.

What about head tracking?

Is this feature dependant on using the MC3?

Not being able to zoom in, is a bummer, and that narrows my choice to the Mini 4.

Been using DJI goggles since the white model. To me, is the best way to experience flight.

I've owned the Air 3 before and being able to zoom in from a distance is nice though.

Still considering a third party choice as far as the goggles go but, they are as much, if not more, as expensive as the DJI goggles themselves.
Head Tracking depends on the model of Goggles. My Goggles 2 has it. I don't think the Integra does. I'm sure the Goggles 3 would have it.

Zooming was available with the original white DJI goggles for Mavic Pro and the Race goggles edition. No zoom function with the later goggles. Head tracking is only available if using the Motion Controller.
If you want to use goggles with RC2 controller and zoom support, you might use 3rd party goggles such as Rokid Max.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FollyRJ