DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Goggles: a toy or a tool for you?

Will you use the Goggles to get better footage?

• Yes, I believe the Goggles give me a higher level of control over what I record

Votes: 4 57.1%
  • No, I expect to use them primarily for the fun FPV flying experience

Votes: 3 42.9%

• Total voters

kona

Reactions
Got my Googles last night and only had a brief chance to play with them.

The one thing that will determine whether I keep these is their usability to improve my footage. So far it seems like they could be beneficial because I can view what the drone is pointing at much better. What I have yet to figure out is if the level of control is as good as with the RC and Go 4 app, say if I need to quickly change some settings etc. I was curious to hear what others here think:

Are these mostly a toy for you or also a tool for getting better videos?

Due to poor weather conditions, I haven't been able to fly much, so I connected them to my Apple TV and made myself a home theater watching Netflix.

The one thing that will determine whether I keep these is their usability to improve my footage. So far it seems like they could be beneficial because I can view what the drone is pointing at much better. What I have yet to figure out is if the level of control is as good as with the RC and Go 4 app, say if I need to quickly change some settings etc. I was curious to hear what others here think:

still unsure as to their use. I have the goggles and a mavic ordered and in transit. I also have 2 INspire ones and an FPV racer that I use Fatshark v3 with. I tried the I1's with the fatshark and hated it. Yet with the Racer I think its the greatest thing. I plan on usung the goggles to replace the fatsharks and will also trfy it with the mavic. Maybe it was the size of the inspire but I could not get comfortable with the FPV . Hope I am ok with the mavic.

I've been using them to set up photos and videos. You don't need to use the head control to take them. I've found that's kind of hard because if you sway a little or move your head it gets jerky on the video. So I look around set up the shot then switch to RC for everything. It's really nice [emoji106]

I think for me they will mainly be a fun toy. I think most of the core functions that I use for filming and photography are in the apps on my mini and not in the goggles. I could be wrong and if I am then it just depends on how easy it is to get to those features with UI within the goggles.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada