DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Goggles for the Air3?

gcopter1

Reactions
Wondering if we can get a discussion started on goggles for the Air 3.
I've previously owned an Avata with the Goggles 2, love flying with goggles.

Recently on another thread, I've found a user who purchased a USB C to HDMI adapter, to use it with his Air 3.

He had great results, connected to an external monitor, so me thinks, current users with goggles might soon start experimenting with their Air3 and goggles.

If anyone here has tried the combination, I'd like to hear from them, specifically, the goggles they use, image quality, etc.

I currently own no goggles so I guess, I've got my homework to do.

With so many choices, and prices, a daunting task...

I can't tell you that for sure but I can tell you that no other Air model has been compatible with any version of goggles. As far as I know, no goggles have the OccuSync version the Air 3 has. But, who knows?
I think we know for sure that the Goggles V2, Goggles 2, and Goggles Integra do not have OccuSync O4 connectivity at this point which means they cannot connect directly with the Air 3.

Reactions: Lob's Falcon
You might just have to wait for the new avata or FPV model before you see new goggles. The old goggles still sell really well and alot of people buy the Occusync 3 Air units for their FPV Drones. They don't have much incentive to release a new occusync 4 goggle soon, maybe a few more drones down the line.
I use my old goggles (RE Editions) with my Air 2S sometimes. I hook them up with an HDMI Cable as you suggested works pretty darn good.

YES They will for sure be making occusync 4 goggles along with occusync 4 air units.
They sell a lot of both so it would be a no brainer for them to release the new units, BUT I don't think it will be very soon.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne