DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Goggles lens holder

I would make several copies of the frames, maybe in different colors and put a different lens in each one. It would be very easy to swap them as needed. The spring clips on the bottom design make them easy to swap, pull out on the nose area to remove and push down on the top area, then push in the bottom to install them.
So you glued the lens onto the frame? If this first print works, I'll order more because the print is $2 in my area so 1 print and lens at the dollar store is $3 total. The focus-fixers are $40. I'll get every diopter and still end up paying about $20 total.

So you glued the lens onto the frame? If this first print works, I'll order more because the print is $2 in my area so 1 print and lens at the dollar store is $3 total. The focus-fixers are $40. I'll get every diopter and still end up paying about $20 total.
The lens stayed in place ok without the glue but I put a drop in each corner so there would be less chance of the lens shifting in the frame when installing or removing it. I don't know if the ca glue is right for the plastic lens, it may not be doing anything. If the lens pops out I'll reglue it with another type glue. Epoxy or some other glue may be a better choice.

The lens stayed in place ok without the glue but I put a drop in each corner so there would be less chance of the lens shifting in the frame when installing or removing it. I don't know if the ca glue is right for the plastic lens, it may not be doing anything. If the lens pops out I'll reglue it with another type glue. Epoxy or some other glue may be a better choice.
Before I read your last sentence, I was suggesting that you use epoxy or gorilla glue.

https://www.amazon.com/Gorilla-7700...87881&sr=8-1&keywords=gorilla+glue+super+glue

tx signal level works, .1000 on goggles, .700 on bird. no head tracking tho, who cares...

i will gladly give up head tracking in exchange for not having flight restrictions(no plugging phone/tablet in)

I've made them and machine cut the lenses to fit. No glue required and i can pop out the lenses and fit different magnification if required.
c0bdefc2b25fd14b90b66c1105367792.jpg

They also look way better than the focus fixers version which look to chunky. With these fitted they look part of the goggles.

I would make several copies of the frames, maybe in different colors and put a different lens in each one. It would be very easy to swap them as needed. The spring clips on the bottom design make them easy to swap, pull out on the nose area to remove and push down on the top area, then push in the bottom to install them.

DJI now have Corrective Lenses available that can be directly mounted onto the lens frames of DJI Goggles (both regular and racing editions), helping to correct hyperopia to see content more clearly. The recommended diopter is +1.0D higher than your prescription. For example, for a +2.0D diopter, +3.0D Goggles corrective lenses should be selected.

28fecfe107ec605e7701cfe5977d192c.jpg

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JReynolds078