DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Goggles????

Reactions: WAXMAN
I've got the Goggles. They sit on a shelf. I don't care for them. It's not like a "VR experience", its more like holding your tablet closer to your face. I also found I needed "focus-fixers" to see the display clearly. Also they tend to fog up and I live in what's considered a very dry climate. I'd rather have spent the money on a CrystalSky display, but they weren't available back then....

I love my goggles, but they are kind of cumbersome to use. If you are flying from places where you have no issues standing there totally blind to the outside world, then they might be a worthwhile investment. I fly from all kinds of different places, and at most places I want to be able to see around me while I fly. I just don't really like not knowing what's going on around me or who's coming up to me. If you can afford the crystal sky, I would get that. I bought phones, tablets, dji goggles, moverio glasses, then finally the crystal sky. I finally found the accessory that I will get my money's worth from. All the other stuff....just wasted money now is how I see it.

So DJI Goggles or DJI Goggles RE for my Mavic??? Which one?

I’m pretty sure I’m getting one shot at getting a set.

Also are the goggles a good “cheeper” alternative to CrystalSky?

Obviously from reading the post the goggles are personal preference I myself have no white non-racing version and I absolutely love them beyond measure.

I must add however I am not a racing drone fly over my thing is to get treetop level and just cruise around enjoying the scenery; sort of like exploring I guess you could say.

If you’re more into racing shooting through narrow pathways then perhaps the absence latency in the racing version would be a better fit.

I once flew aircraft so maybe that my draw to the DJI goggles. I would love to have tried out some other brands such as fat shark but all the reviews pointed to DJI.

The downside is the huge front, the overall weight, and the fit; it’s like a bad design on a welding helmet. But for me, that all seems to take a back seat once I’m in the air.

The upside, very clear 4K image and the heads up artificial horizon along with flight data is very user friendly

To me, flying without the goggles is like standing at the airport watching planes go by. putting on the goggles is like being inside the drone.