DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Goggles

The DJI Goggles are a nice addition to any drone. I do love getting that FPV inside the goggles. However, I would not recommend them as your primary display for flying. Here are the issues:
  • If you wear prescription glasses, you will have a harder time than someone who doesn't. Yes the Goggles are well designed and accommodate wearing glasses while using them. You can also get custom prescription lenses that fit inside the goggles. I just have not found both those methods to be restrictive in terms of field of view and perspective.
  • You cannot fly alone with your head under the goggles. You must be flying VLOS at all times and you just cannot do that while your eyes are covered by the goggles. If you use the goggles then you must have a Visual Observer keeping an eye on the drone at all times.
  • They are a bit bulky and just adds more gear to carry around when heading out for a flight.
  • If you use them with a Mavic Pro or Mavic 2 then you can use them without wires, which is great. With any other model, you will need to connect them physically to your controller with a cable.

Reactions: TR Ganey and Domand
I have had my DJI Goggles since the $100 price reduction was offered at a special deal. I really like them, but had to order the prescription inserts from DJI to make them usable with my Mavic Pro. I also use them with my Yuneec Typhoon H Plus with the HDMI cable. The Mavic Pro is wireless syncing and really a nice advantage. The Mavic Pro 2 with Ocusync II might even be better. The best way to think of using them is to put them on an observer or client if you are doing 107 missions. Then you can get the wow factor. Some flyers get motion sickness by using them while they are flying.

Reactions: Domand
Thinking about buying a new Goggle. Have a hard time seeing my tablet screen. Looking for some feedback on the pros and cons. Thanks
The issue may simply be the time of day you are flying.
If you head out during civil twilight, or the golden hour; in total approximately 1/2 to 1 hour before sunrise sunset, your sun glare issues will be reduced, and that time is the best for photography/videography.

If you can find shade duck under the shade for improved visibility. Being in your car or truck works great. Doing so will reduce your range, but...if the car is the center point of a circle the total area covered even considering the reduced range being the radius of the circle you will get good flight time, and be comfortable and less conspicuous.

Wear a flat black shirt, or get a piece of black fabric from the store and wear it like a bib.

Try standing to the side of the monitor, and not directly in front of it.

Wear a large brim hat.

These are all less expensive alternatives to try.

BTW I have the DJI goggles, and they are fantastic. They are my preferred way to fly. However, because of vulnerability to the outside world, I use them approximately 20% of total flight time. However, I would never sell them unless someone gave me some incredible sum of money.

Reactions: Domand
If range is a concern and you intend to use a Mavic 2 with the R.E. Goggles then you need to do your homework before you waste I mean spend your money.
it's really surprising that range is such an issue with the M2P and Goggles.
While I've only done it once, I flew over 2.5 miles with the MP1 and goggles.
All other times are over 1 mile, and I've never had an issue.
I wonder what gives with the M2P/goggle combination

it's really surprising that range is such an issue with the M2P and Goggles.
While I've only done it once, I flew over 2.5 miles with the MP1 and goggles.
All other times are over 1 mile, and I've never had an issue.
I wonder what gives with the M2P/goggle combination
I wish I knew! It sux to have a new drone and new goggles and they don’t work well together.

RE gogs have been corrected via ass2-v-0700, M2P V0400, GO4 V 4.3.17
FINALLY!

What is the distance that you have gotten them to work at?

Another forum member claimed that they had been corrected with new firmware but then said their maximum distance was less than 3,000 feet.

Great to read all this feed back, I have been looking on EBay for second hand goggles and have seen a pair for $250. Is this a good deal?

I got my goggles on Ebay $250 Got a case for $15.00
and the corrective lenses because I ware reading glasses for $29.00https://www.adorama.com/djigogglpt20.html?utm_medium=cpc&utm_source=adl-gbase

Last edited:
Reactions: JESTER79
Yeah it’s $200 for the standard white goggles and there is currently a set of RE on eBay for $255 with 4 days to go on the bid. But reckon it will definitely go up in bids.

Hey guys I know it’s probably super easy but I can’t figure out which direction I’m facing when using my goggles RE? I watched a video on this and I used the GPS mode I can see where the drone is but can’t figure out what direction I’m facing. When I think I’m facing the drone I lift my goggles up and I’m not even close.

Towards the end of today’s flight however I noticed that when I would pan my body back and forth I would hear a beep, is that beep telling me when I’m facing directly towards the drone?

Any help here would be great so that I don’t have to keep lifting up my goggles.

Thanks guys

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929