DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Going 1 Mile Out

hewo

Reactions
do you mavic air folks go out 1 mile?

I still have plenty battery 93percent out there and would like to go farther.

danger is loss of connection the rc.

yet I assure a straight beam without ANY inbetween barrier or obstruct such as earth and manmade stuff.

but what is unknown is the radiation of manmade signals regardless of my straight beam maintained free of obstructs.

does radiated manmade signals worsen connectivity of the beaming rc to craft?

and if so, does this prohibit going out further than specifications professed, ideal conditions?

dawn and dusk are the best flight windows, super calm, mirrored ocean surfaces

Communications between RC and AC is over the two WiFi bands. Anything else nearby on the same frequencies will cause interference. With all the kinds of devices out there, interference is probable.
As a matter of fact, considering the power we need to get to the ideal distance, we too are probably causing interference to others.

Can anyone see it a mile out? I can barely get a 1/4 mile out before I lose sight of mine.
In the AZ desert and with my 4 Firehouse ARC2 strobes (4 LEDs) I can see it about 2.5 miles comfortably and find it easily if I look away; at the controller for instance. In theory calculations show it might get as far as 3-3.5 miles out and still be able to return home... Of course this is against the recommendations of all recognized organizations and would require ideal conditions.

I've been just shy of a mile. Its about that time I started to get choppy video feed. I'm sure I can push past that but the farther you go the more trouble you are asking for. In a short flight I lost both RC and video signal and my MA went to RTH. It did what it was supped to do except for the part where it hit a power line. All this and it was only about 300 yards away. So imagine loss of VLOS and whatever is in your way along with how high your RTH set height is and whatever else you can think of that could go wrong. All that being said I personally think its fun to fly out but always visually track it so just in case it does go down I can recover it.

I have added an Alientech antenna booster to my controller since the above mentioned test to improve signal... it stays at full bars at that distance, and websites have videos of much farther.

Reactions: zzxrox
Can anyone see it a mile out? I can barely get a 1/4 mile out before I lose sight of mine.
I've had my Mavic Air out a 1.5 miles. Stick a CREE light on it and it's totally visible but the best time to see the light is dusk or night.

Reactions: dawgpilot
I probably still would not see it. I getting old. Lol
Misery loves company, i am 64?
I can not see the onyx black mavic air color at dawn and dusk because illumination is still dark. But i can see obstacles because obstacles in metropolis are huge infrastructures and illuminated. So i navigate this labyrinth using metro provided illumination. It is out over the next area, the sea, that everthing gets real dark, however here there are no obstacles esp above 400 to 500 feet elevation. Camera shoots metro lightings returning back from the sea heading toward inner metro takeoff location. You must have able arms, sigh, continually orienting antennae for optimal screen linkage bars, and boy do my two arms fatigue holding the rcS8 up in front of my face facing mavic air always. Good to know, under quiescence, full 6000feet and return 6000feet chews the battery down to apprx 57percent, which i am wondering hovers on borderline inefficiency?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190303-070541.png
    Screenshot_20190303-070541.png
    962.2 KB · Views: 45
What i would like to accomplish is to go and return farthest distance for battery landing at warning 30percent. This means distance throttle will be near continuous throughout total journey. And why do this? It will proof the bat that all five individual banks are unisoned in lieu of not unified (good is zero indifference amongst banks)

What i would like to accomplish is to go and return farthest distance for battery landing at warning 30percent. This means distance throttle will be near continuous throughout total journey. And why do this? It will proof the bat that all five individual banks are unisoned in lieu of not unified (good is zero indifference amongst banks)
5 banks? You mean 3?

Where is this 3bank specification authenticated? Seems a wee redundancy in lieu of five? Assume each bank has gateway supervision (intelligent) adjoining the populus, rather the integrated banks

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RWShepard