DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Going from Mavic Pro MP1 to Mini 2, couple of questions.

marnat3

Reactions
I just got a screaming deal on a Mini 2 fly-more that was only flown2 times, both times I was present.
I got everything set up and see a firmware update for both the AC, V01.07.0200, and RC, V04.11.0400 .
Are there any issues with this update? And to be completely honest , I'm not sure what the updates do.
Love my Mavic Pro but this thing looks like a blast. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

I have not heard of any problems with that firmware. Firmware updates do a number of things the most important to the user would be any stability and gimble accuracy corrections. I too will usually hold off a bit before updating BUT in the long run it is in your best interest.
The Mini 2 IMO is the best mini DJI has made ( I don't count the 4 cause I haven't seen one) So congrats on the purchase!

Reactions: marnat3
Thank you , I have a bad taste in my mouth about any upgrades to firmware, not just drones.
I have more than a couple of bricked devices, (phones, tablets and a watch) due to firmware issues.
I will go ahead and do it as it seems not to affect the process too much and why not start out this mini with the latest.

Update: Took this little guy to a park today just to burn thru a battery and test it out.
WOW! This is a cool little flyer. I did not go crazy, just circles and a little camera testing but its
a nimble aircraft. Made my Mavic Pro seem like driving a truck compared to this sports car.
I think I'm going to like this one.

Reactions: Cafguy
WOW! This is a cool little flyer. I did not go crazy, just circles and a little camera testing but its
a nimble aircraft. Made my Mavic Pro seem like driving a truck compared to this sports car.
I think I'm going to like this one.
I agree - it is a cool little flyer, and very nimble!

Of course, I thought the same thing when I moved from a Phantom 3 Pro to the Mavic Pro Platinum years ago. 😀

For the Mini 2, I keep an old iPhone 6s Plus in the controller all the time. Makes it quick and easy to just throw it up and go fly!

Reactions: marnat3
That's what I did, Phantom 3 Standard-(horrible end), to Mavic Pro, to Mavic Pro,(I rebuilt after someone crashed and gave it to me), now the Mini 2.
Still have 1 of my Mavics,( love that bird), great flyer but the Mini seems a little more refined.
I will see if I can get my hands on a cheap phone to use. Would a trac-phone work? Good tip. Thanks.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne