DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Good afternoon from Tipton County, TN. (Memphis/West TN)

Greetings from Birmingham Alabama, welcome to the forum!

How do I add myself to that? I tried, but couldn't seem to figure it out.
Follow up
FOLLOW UP... I played with the Map again and I tried to edit mine and I cannot seem to do it, I even changed my location, thinking the map would offer me the opportunity to update the map, No Joy...

Did you check to see if you are on the map. When I first joined, I merely put my county down and it put my Pin in the middle of the county. I was then able to move it around to a more accurate location. Check the map, you may be there, but the map could not accurately put in a certain location as you listed you location as a zip code... You may have to Zoom Out...

You could try one or both thigs, contact a moderator, like dirkclod.

Private Message to DirkClod the Moderator...

I consider a Moderator like a Policeman, their job is to enforce the law (Community Standards), not like a legislature (the IT folk who control the software...), or Judge (the System Administrator...).

He might be able to help you or refer you to some who can help, or maybe explain why you cannot get on the map. When I searched the database for similar issues, I did see some writeups where other members have also had this problem...

The other thing you might try is Join all over again and put in a more accurate location ( no Zip Codes...) and see if a map comes up for you or if the map puts you where you think you belong.

If you do generate a new login. let a moderator know so they can remove/delete your old log in...

BTW, What does your user name mean, I'm figuring some sort of Fire Chief or maybe Air Force Reserve Fire Fighter Chief... Inquiring Minds Want to Know...

Good Luck.

How do I add myself to that? I tried, but couldn't seem to figure it out.

FOLLOW UP... I played with the Map again and I tried to edit mine and I cannot seem to do it, I even changed my location, thinking the map would offer me the opportunity to update the map, No Joy...

This is just a guess, but I think the location may be determined by the isp the user used when they signed up. 🤔

My location shows it being in the correct city, but miles from where I live.

If they used a VPN address, the algorithm may not pick up the location of the user.

I never provided a pinpoint address other than the State and somehow it put my pin drop in the location close by.

It may also be a security protocol of this site not to provide an exact location of a member for privacy.

The user can do this by putting there GPS coordinates in their signature line if they wished to be discovered by others.

This is a world wide Forum with a lot of looky loos that may have bad intent.

☮️

Welcome to the forum from the dry lakeless hills of Lake City FL. An irony... I know. If lakes grew here as much as your knowledge will, Lake City would become an ocean. ;)

Welcome again!

BTW, What does your user name mean, I'm figuring some sort of Fire Chief or maybe Air Force Reserve Fire Fighter Chief... Inquiring Minds Want to Know...

Yeah, you were pert near dead on:

ARFF = Aircraft Rescue Fire Fighting
Chief is for Fire Chief.

Reactions: MA2 317
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
da4o98