DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Good news from Dji...........Mini 2 limitation should be fixed

I ask all of you Mini 2 owners to go to dji site, email them, and request that they release an SDK for the Mini 2.
Apparently, it is not in their current plan. That will be a big loss for all Mini 2 owners.
We'll if they are not going to release the SDK then at least update it so we can have the choice to start video on takeoff and stop video on landing, I'm always forgetting to switch on the camera wasting a flight, otherwise I'm thinking about getting a big stick on (fold over )label over the tab screen saying switch on camera and have to fold it back to see the screen

I bought it expecting to get waypoint capability. If there is to be no SDK, I will find a recreational drone at another company. I would feel too betrayed to stick with Dji. Supporting the Mini and then not the Mini 2 ???

Two things to remember when petitioning DJI: 1) If it doesn't suit them to do it for whatever reason, they won't. 2) What is the benefit to DJI to release any SDK's in the first place? Is it possible that having 3rd party apps and tweaks makes their higher margin drones more saleable while the Mini 2 because of price point sells without further enhancements? 3) What are the chances that 1000 requests will even be seen or heard of by the decision makers? A company that has 70% of market share with few viable alternatives can do whatever they please as long as their products and accessories sell.

I agree with 1).
On 2) - Why did they release an SDK for the Mini ? Your argument doesn't hold up.
On 3) Having worked with large corporations for 35 years I can tell you that the smart ones listen. Sometimes just to rethink/re-evaluate a decision. I suspect they will look at the cost tradeoff. If the Mini 2 SDK would be similar to the Mini SDK, development might not be that costly.

Lastly, other dominant companies have ignored customer feedback until it was too late and a competitor stole their thunder.

Received an email from Dji. There will be SDK for Mini 2. I am glad I don't have to switch brands. Thanks Dji.
Assuming they still haven't given a timeline? Note that they originally claimed last year that there would be an M2 SDK, and we've already passed their originally claimed release dates.

Note that they originally claimed last year that there would be an M2 SDK, and we've already passed their originally claimed release dates.
No idea what global event could possibly have had an effect on their plans!

• Haha
Reactions: Zim13
Likely irrelevant. Coding has continued remotely pretty much everywhere, and they've been continuing to release SDK updates (for other than the M2) over this period.

Likely irrelevant. Coding has continued remotely pretty much everywhere, and they've been continuing to release SDK updates (for other than the M2) over this period.
My point was that we don’t actually know whether or not that may have had an effect.

My point was that we don’t actually know whether or not that may have had an effect.
You are correct, we cannot know, we can only guess based on the facts at hand. But it's pretty much always that way with DJI. Also, language differences make this all more difficult when they *do* issue statements that sometimes seem contradictory.

Assuming they still haven't given a timeline? Note that they originally claimed last year that there would be an M2 SDK, and we've already passed their originally claimed release dates.
DJI emailed me back to tell me MSDK 5.0, which would include the Mini 2 was due out in September.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Allen25