DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Good starter drone for teenager around $300? Decision made!

Finally talked them up in price and they decided to go with a Mavic Mini Fly More package. I know a 15 year old boy that is going to be thrilled on Christmas day!

Thanks again for the help, case closed.
Way to go! That’s an awesome first drone for that age! Kids these days have all the good toys...

I wouldnt buy expensive drone for kids now, if in canada we have to write a basic Transport Canada test before june in order to fly one, the test is more then safety, its a test that the basic drone operator wont pass

I just research about the Tinyhauk 2S and is really good, the construction is pretty bulletproof base in the comments and reviews. I will give the shot buying one for me.
The HolyStone HS720 is a good beginner GPS camera drone. Around $300

@zeusfl Truth is, that Tinyhawk I'm flying in the video is basically indestructible under its own weight. If you stomp on it, or fly it into the sink then you're hosed, but otherwise it's a tank. Plus it's so light weight that you can fly it into yourself without injury (built in prop guards)

New batteries are about $6, props are $1.50 a set, and the whole thing is modular. Break a motor? It's rare, but they're $12. Four screws, plug the new motor in and fly away.

They're built to be flown hard and fixed by kids. Just sayen :)
Sounds excellent, but would consider introduction to safe and mindful flying prior to what could quickly become reckless in the hands is a teenager. ...depending on the teenager, of course.

+1 I'd also go for the Spark , the hand gestures are fun and the camera is good and dji go 4 is reasonably stable now.

Have a family member that wants to buy a teenage son a drone in the $300 range.

What are some good choices?

Thanks,

They decided to spring for a Mavic Mine Fly More combo.

Excellent. I don't think they'll regret that decision.

My wife and I both have the mavic pro2 and zoom my oldest son has the spark with the fly more combo my 12yr old has a JJRCX9 its like a spark just a cpl hundred cheaper and he enjoys it as much as we do yes hes almost ready for a spark....

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada