DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Good to be here from Swainby North Yorkshire

Scuggy

Reactions
Hi Folks, Just received info from Heliguy that my drone is about to land.I have been waiting since October 28th but hung in there. I am new to the drone world and have never flown anything bigger than a Hubsan outside and that lasted about 12 seconds and has not been seen since. Really nervous about lift off, but will try in a safe environment first and will learn from this excellent site.

Reactions: dirkclod
Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :)

Welcome to DronePilots newest forum :)

Hello,
It is a pleasure to welcome you to the Mavic Pilots forum.
I hope that you will be able to use the forum to further your safety knowledge and for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for
current developments in Mavic quadcopter’s. Read the manual a few times and watch lots of Youtube videos on the subject to give yourself a good start.
Enjoy! Thumbswayup

Wow that's a long wait, you're just over the hill from here, I expect first video target will be the old castle followed by roofless church.
Thanks for that 4wd, all i need now is some divine intervention to get my nerves ready for takeoff, would love to meet others who have a bit of knowledge and can take me through the paces before i mess it up, I actually live in Scugdale, right at the end so i have an ideal training ground if anyone wants to share the experience.

I think the main thing is to contain the impatience and wait for a reasonably calm day so you can fly well out in the open.
Provided everything connects up OK once fired up it more or less tells you what to do, but there are a lot of useful video guides on youtube to watch while waiting.

I think the main thing is to contain the impatience and wait for a reasonably calm day so you can fly well out in the open.
Provided everything connects up OK once fired up it more or less tells you what to do, but there are a lot of useful video guides on youtube to watch while waiting.
Cheers 4wd, your advice is good, but i have now discovered that my samsung 7s might cause me some issues and i am struggling to decide which device might be better for a newbie. What do you use or recommend?

I'd see if it will work first as reports seem a bit mixed?
I have the Samsung S5, I bought it as a refurb from ebay for about £100 because with my previous Phantom 3 I used a Nexus 7 tablet which isn't quite fast enough.
The S5 has been almost faultless with it once I deleted the older go app and only have go4, so a reasonable choice..

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan