DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Goodbye DJI GO 4 - HELLO Litchi

I had a Phantom 3 standard for a couple of years and flew the hell out of it, and bought a Mavic Pro back in April. At first, it seemed ok, I could still use an Insignia Flex elite 7.85 android to fly it, but the subsequent updates made it less and less enjoyable what with the screen freezes, disconnects, red-hot tablet...so i used my iphone 5S, continued to fly (but not as often) and it seemed like almost every time I went out I had to update...and the phone, even with starting with a 100% battery, would just barely get through 3 batteries on the bird. And it got VERY HOT.
About 4-5 years ago, my wife and daughter chipped in and bought me a third gen ipad, wifi and cellular, 32 gb-I'm a PC guy so I didn't really use it and my wife kind of inherited it, sort of a running joke. Anyway, I figured I'd give it a shot since the tiny screen on my 5S plus terrible battery life and hot phone were less than optimal. Found out that was a NOGO since the processor is too slow for Go 4-it wouldn't even load the app. So I bought Litchi and hoped it might work, but it seems it was a waste of money since I cannot seem to connect to the Mavic. I used the 30 pin connector on the ipad (yeah, I had to buy a new cable since I didn't have one) and I plugged it into the usb on the remote, but nothing. The android does not even work with DJI Go4 now, so I got Litchi on my 5S and it does work, but now I'm hoping someone who uses Litchi can tell me if it is possible for the ipad I have will work or do I need to get a new ipad...thanks

Good devices are key. I had an iPad mini 3 and it just didn't work. DJI GO4 worked but Autopilot didn't. Now I have an iPad Pro 9.7 and worth every penny.... Save yourself a lot of headaches, get yourself a proper iPad (and Autopilot for that matter) and you have happy flying ahead

Not using Autopilot then???
I bite the bullet yesterday and bought a 128 gb ipad 5th generation (a 2017) with wifi and gte...ouch. I do not plan on using DJI GO 4 though, and will use Litchi for now, and might try Autopilot later. I am very unhappy with DJI, I have two Mavic Pro's and when I bought the first I could fly it with an android (although not very well) and subsequent updates have made it impossible to fly with the android. I had hoped I might be able to use the old ipad, it won't even load since processor is so weak. I can still fly with the iphone 5S but the heat it generates and the rapid decline of the battery is scary-so I dropped $600 on this ipad. I'm probably not going to buy anything else from DJI, I am joining the increasingly large group who think that DJI policies of ever more complicated software and firmware changes are making this too difficult and expensive. The flimsy gimbal on the Mavic, strange behavior after updates and random focusing issues I've experienced have taken a lot of the fun out of this for me. I enjoyed my Phantom 3 Standard and wanted this to work, but am disappointed in the cost of keeping these in the air to the point I do not fly anywhere near as much as I did in the 15 months I had my P3S.

I hear jou. Your new iPad will solve most of your issues. With Autopilot, you have "Black Box" which totally takes over the flight control (not the flight modes but Autopilot has much better ones).
With your new iPad, Autopilot is a dream. When I changed from my mini 3 to my Pro 9.7...... day and night.
Fly safe

Reactions: mmtphoto
Not true. Not by far
It is true. I have an email from DJI where I explicitly asked about 3rd party apps. If there is an issue with your MP while using a 3rd party, they cannot collect the data needed to do a proper evaluation, so they void the warranty. I was curious about Litche, also. Let's add another software vendor into the MP mix of 2 hardware/software vendors, I chose to avoid it. But the fact is DJI will have you by the short hairs if you ever have a serious issue while using non-dji software.

It is true. I have an email from DJI where I explicitly asked about 3rd party apps. If there is an issue with your MP while using a 3rd party, they cannot collect the data needed to do a proper evaluation, so they void the warranty. I was curious about Litche, also. Let's add another software vendor into the MP mix of 2 hardware/software vendors, I chose to avoid it. But the fact is DJI will have you by the short hairs if you ever have a serious issue while using non-dji software.

they can void my warranties (I have two), fact is no matter what it seems like they do whatever they can to deny people who have issues anyway, so who cares...DJI Go 4 is a miserable interface IMO, I might still do some close to home stints with it but I'm going to learn Litchi, what I have seen of it so far is encouraging-no lags, freezes, complete blackouts, and for the price of less than $30 what do I have to lose anyway, I rarely go over 1500 feet out or 300 feet high. I tend to fly in mostly open areas where obstructions are minimal, if I had felt like DJI Go 4 would not cause issues without any cause or reason I'd be inclined to use it, but I feel like I've been burned enough that I'll go another route. Nothing more annoying than to get to a location and get 'informed' that an 'update is required"...really? Note to DJI, get it right on the first few, don't make changes for change-sake. It's really annoying when everything works fine, but they have to mess with it and you have to put up with the update process, then the actual problems that seem to follow when you get it out again to fly.

Enough.

I think everybody knows that DJI Customer Service is far from perfect and slow. However, I had some cases and until now, no problems. Just need to be very patient

I bit the litchi bullet too. man i love it so far..anyone know what cl and HL buttons CL has a lock icon when i press it..

Is litchi's option's directly affected by what ver of go 4 your using so if i use 4.1.8 i won't have the optoins that if i were to use 4.1.10...

And then again there are people with more luck :)

I have been using DJI Go 4 app on iPhone and iPad since April, 131 active flights so far, upgraded DJI Go 4 and firmware each time and never had any problem. (cross my fingers)

Here are my stats:
View attachment 18095

DJI Go 4 app also syncs with Airdata automatically, no HD Sync needed anymore :)
How did you get airdata to work with djigo4.

Download the Healthy Drones app. Sync DJI GO4 and then sync again with Healthy Drones.
Works as a charm

ab4f66b23c8e2732d1d553444c71a99b.jpg

Is there any live video or broadcast option in Litchi like in Go4? (youtube/facebook/etc.)

Hello Buddys !!!

Do u think possible this Litchi works with mini ipad 1 ios 9.3???

Tks

Do u think possible this Litchi works with mini ipad 1 ios 9.3???
You really need a more modern tablet - the Mini 4 or better.
The original iPad mini is not fast enough and does not have enough RAM to run the app properly.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Claybird