DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Goodbye to the crap drones!

That's the one I'm planning to get with the smart controller ?
I could not encourage you enough to get the smart controller. The previous "toys" I've been playing with needed to use my phone and would lose connection to the drone, and I've had crashes when I thought I was in total control. This DJI smart controller is awesome, I absolutely love it. Very intuitive, and starting the bird is very quick and easy.

Welcome to the forum! :)

I read a couple of threads about insuring them, but thought no way... unless I started doing this professionally. Is it common to insure them? I also read about led lights, wasn't sure which would be too heavy or interfere with flying. I am looking at your suggestion now, thank you!

Something to remember. There are plenty of hungry trees out there looking for their next drone meal. Altitude is your friend.
Hungry trees ?? thirsty water. You can never be over cautious, to much money at stake ??

Reactions: mrjohnc1
I have only dinked around with mine after updating everything this morning. I gingerly flew it for almost 2 batteries - THIS THING IS THE REAL DEAL!
I am looking forward to lots of fun with this one, anyone who doesn't have a Mavic Pro 2 Zoom should get one, lol.
I have the M2z and it's the best. I use it primarily for commercial work but use my MA for fun. Both are great. The only thing with the M2z is you have to set the exposure to auto if you plan on using zoom as the brightness changes a lot and most videos will be unusable due to this. Auto works pretty well under most instances.

Reactions: mrjohnc1
Welcome from the wilds of Detroit. I still just fly my original Mavic Pro, with iPad mini. I'm waiting to upgrade until the FCC formalizes / finalizes the new technology requirements. after which, drones that don't talk to the FCC won't be allowed to fly.

I have only dinked around with mine after updating everything this morning. I gingerly flew it for almost 2 batteries - THIS THING IS THE REAL DEAL!
I am looking forward to lots of fun with this one, anyone who doesn't have a Mavic Pro 2 Zoom should get one, lol.
I'd love to but too expensive for my blood....I DID get a Mini....enjoying it a LOT!

I read a couple of threads about insuring them, but thought no way... unless I started doing this professionally. Is it common to insure them? I also read about led lights, wasn't sure which would be too heavy or interfere with flying. I am looking at your suggestion now, thank you!
The insurance being discussed is personal property accidental damage/theft, not liability. Say you goofed and crashed it where it's beyond repair, or worse it crashed into body of water and deemed pilot error. Can you afford to replace it at full cost?

welcome to the forum

Well, I think it IS a good idea to fly crap drones sometimes! You will build experience to keep them in the air and when suddenly your drone loses GPS or other emergencies, you better know what to do. Use cheap nano drones such as Eachine E016H: it can crash many times without getting damaged...
You may also consider to add ATTI mode to your MP2 pro/zoom drone: it is an easy hack (google it) and you will build experience you may need in emergencies.
Greetz from The Netherlands

Last edited:
I could not encourage you enough to get the smart controller. The previous "toys" I've been playing with needed to use my phone and would lose connection to the drone, and I've had crashes when I thought I was in total control. This DJI smart controller is awesome, I absolutely love it. Very intuitive, and starting the bird is very quick and easy.

I will echo / ditto this comment. While some may downplay its importance, I bought the smart controller and have never looked back. More convenient, larger screen, visible in daylight; amazingly easy to operation the M2P. Worth every penny to me. Never used my smartphone to assist again. Welcome to this VERY knowledgeable group.

This past weekend, I wanted to see a covered bridge in Indiana (central US), but a blocked road prevented viewing this treasure. Solution: pulled out the trusty M2P with the SC and flew within 100 feet about 50 feet in the air. I was even able to show the live image to my wife. Worth every penny.

DJI_0409.JPG

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
boonaga