DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Google Maps lost on latest FW?

The plot thickens :) : Just for fun I tried with my iPad Mini (V2) - here it springs back when I zoom in. Back again to my iPhone 6: I can zoom in and out as much as I want and it stays put (love it!).
Well at least I am not going mad! Thanks for the update and now you can hopefully see why I think it is really awful lol

Reactions: KONY and Frits
Well at least I am not going mad! Thanks for the update and now you can hopefully see why I think it is really awful lol
Thanks, I sure do!

Reactions: chippie
I suspect there must be some kind of licencing dispute behind scenes where google are wanting higher fee for the copyright.
It seems nit-picking when google maps can be download free and are included with Android at least.

Well any app on Android can use Google maps as in the API used to develop apps. My guess Here maps are paying them to use their maps.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

There are certain caveats in the terms for Google Maps which may mean DJI may have to pay for hem but the cost would be around 40USD a day so hardly breaking the bank. You may be right though, I just want to have them back, going to stamp my feet until it happens :D

Reactions: Drone Master
I decided to downgrade back to previous FW and low and behold, my maps are back. I knew it! Still using Go 3.01. Go 4 still works, but with less camera features and still contains the Art settings. I'm ok with that for now. You might want to consider downgrading if you want some of the old features back.

I decided to downgrade back to previous FW and low and behold, my maps are back. I knew it! Still using Go 3.01. Go 4 still works, but with less camera features and still contains the Art settings. I'm ok with that for now. You might want to consider downgrading if you want some of the old features back.
Do not have my Mavic at the mo but I did hear that Google Maps were still available with 3.0.1 and the latest firmware. Is this not the case?

Do not have my Mavic at the mo but I did hear that Google Maps were still available with 3.0.1 and the latest firmware. Is this not the case?
There has to be some relation with the latest firmware and loss of the maps.
When I upgraded, I lost maps on both versions of Go. Now with the downgrade, I have maps on the old version 3.01, but still not on 4.0.
Strange. Something must have changed in the firmware for the AC is my best guess.

There has to be some relation with the latest firmware and loss of the maps.
When I upgraded, I lost maps on both versions of Go. Now with the downgrade, I have maps on the old version 3.01, but still not on 4.0.
Strange. Something must have changed in the firmware for the AC is my best guess.

I'm on the latest firmware on my Mavic and radio controller, 1.0.3, but using DJI Go 3.0.1 for android, which still uses Google Maps.... DJI Go 3.1 and DJI Go 4, both use Here maps, and the map is stuck at the home point when flying and does NOT follow the aircraft. I'm sticking with DJI Go 3.0.1 until DJI fixes this problem since I prefer to know where the Mavic is in relation to my position.

I'm on the latest firmware on my Mavic and radio controller, 1.0.3, but using DJI Go 3.0.1 for android, which still uses Google Maps.... DJI Go 3.1 and DJI Go 4, both use Here maps, and the map is stuck at the home point when flying and does NOT follow the aircraft. I'm sticking with DJI Go 3.0.1 until DJI fixes this problem since I prefer to know where the Mavic is in relation to my position.
You mentioned being stuck with in the map. Interesting. I just unlock it by clicking on the options tab in the lower right of the window. Umm, It may differ with others. I guess I am just one of the lucky ones. The map I have is moving with the AC and in relation to my Home Point. At least so far for now until the next update fixes everything else.

You mentioned being stuck with in the map. Interesting. I just unlock it by clicking on the options tab in the lower right of the window. Umm, It may differ with others. I guess I am just one of the lucky ones. The map I have is moving with the AC and in relation to my Home Point. At least so far for now until the next update fixes everything else.

Are you on android? Which options tab are you referring to?

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
snaeem