DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

GoPro Karma is back

Reporting from my own experience, DJI Mavic, P4 and Inspire 1 are in a different league, still, including after sales customer service.
My Autel xsp, Typhoone H and ex Karma are nicely made, expensive toys compared.

Many positive and negative comments to this subject are made by armchair pilots on this and related forums trying to distort reality.

Looking forward to the arrival of real competitor/s in this section of multirotors.

Hope you don't hate me for my opinion

Reactions: Kewlio
I'm a big fan of GoPro cameras, always have been. That said, I'm not sold on the Karma or at least this generation. I will be keeping my eye on future versions though. Many people have made comments regarding GoPro and their drone business. This video from Drone Valley sums up pretty much what everyone says and thinks about it. I just thought I'd share the video.

I agree there is still potential there. I'm not sure they will be able to risk another massive flop though given the mess they've gotten themselves into. I'd be surprised to see a Karma 2, I just don't think they're capable of competing with DJI sadly.

It wouldn't surprise me by the way if Mavic Pro 2, or another new DJI drone, copied the removable gimbal idea, and did it better.

This guy is annoying as ****

I disagree. I'd like to see him get a bit part in a blockbuster movie. He's pretty talented considering he's writing, directing, editing, reviewing, acting, songwriting, singing as well as troubleshooting. Those lyrics to "Karma" as well...biatch. I subscribe to him.

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

Basically as I feared. They pretty much fixed the latch and not much else:

Poor GoPro!
I'm a big fan of GoPro cameras, always have been. That said, I'm not sold on the Karma or at least this generation. I will be keeping my eye on future versions though. Many people have made comments regarding GoPro and their drone business. This video from Drone Valley sums up pretty much what everyone says and thinks about it. I just thought I'd share the video.

I agree with both of these guys... Hopefully Karma can survivie a second generation:)

Hopefully Karma is the testbed and all the feedback gleaned will shape their next gen. They need to leap about 3 or 4 generations in one go. Whereas all Mavic next gen has to add is removable camera-gimbal to act as independent stabilised cam and more sensors, to keep ahead.

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

Karma will probably not support Litchi, possible deal-breaker for me but I havent seen their software and whether or not it includes waypoint capabilities.

The reasons for giving it a second chance are the same reasons I considered it in the first place. These are not new reasons. After the epic fail I expected better reasons then the same reasons they gave in the initial release. I love GOPRO stuff but the only way I would get one is if they made some significant changes and upgrades..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: Birdman5280
I thought that guy was funny too, he clearly didn't like the Karma but didn't just use the video as an excuse for cheap jokes or jibes, rather he showed all the issues alongside the humour.

We all knew about lack of any form of obstacle avoidance, its lack of ability to even hover well on the spot though seemed quite poor, I just take this for granted with the Mavic (new to drones so maybe I shouldn't)

I'd originally bought a GoPro 5 intending to buy a Karma, then the problems happened and I just decided to switch and recently received my Mavic (which I love) - his video made me very glad of that decision.

Reactions: HelloNasty1
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zack400