DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Got an email last night Racing Goggles shipped

Thanks for the quick reply! Wow so approximately a full week and maybe 1.5 weeks to process and then ship from China. Anyone else got theirs' shipped yet? Or should I just wait for Best Buy or whoever that has them in stock?

Got them today.
c4Lvin. I would go DJI. You get the 1% back.
Curious to listen to your comments if possible! Just wondering about the lower latency between the white goggles and the RE versions. If the Mavic's latency is 110-120?, doesn't the RE make it irrelevant if that's the case? I understand that if you want the 50ms, then it won't be with ANY current DJI crafts. Am I correct here or is there some misunderstanding?

Got mine today as well.
There are so many possible combinations I haven't exactly been able to do "scientific" testing so far, just had a quick go at most of them. From my "feeling" latency does not change significantly with the Mavic, but is indeed incredibly low with the Ocusync unit.

One disappointment is that while the goggles can now play files from the SD card it won't play 4K, so putting the Mavic's card in for replay only works with 1080p.

The "around the head" feel seems unchanged (padding is slightly more rounded, but I don't think it really makes a difference other than visual), but the rubber around the headset shields better from the light (seems I won't need my foam bits anymore) and it doesn't press on your nose that much anymore.

Last edited:
Reactions: Xtreme Drone Pilot
Curious to listen to your comments if possible! Just wondering about the lower latency between the white goggles and the RE versions. If the Mavic's latency is 110-120?, doesn't the RE make it irrelevant if that's the case? I understand that if you want the 50ms, then it won't be with ANY current DJI crafts. Am I correct here or is there some misunderstanding?
Going to be a bit before I can test them at any distance. One of the typhoons from the east is hitting us right now. .There isn't much left to them. High winds rain, and warmer temperatures.I was going to wait till Christmas. But, it would be rude not to answer your questions.Cough, Cough :D

Reactions: c4Lvin

In the manual it states "up to 7 km transmission distance and latency as low as 50 ms".

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrock