DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Got an incredible deal on a 4 Hawks antenna....what amp should I use?

Drone_guy

Reactions
I live in the suburbs with tall trees and lots of wi-fi signals everywhere, I need something better than the stock controller. It's only the SR and since it's unboosted I'm sure it would benefit with 3 or 4 watt amps.

Does anybody have any experience with this model? How well does it work unboosted?

Should I get for the Sunhans 4 watt amps or would the cheap Chinese 4 watt amps work just as well?

s-l1600.jpg
s-l1600.jpg
s-l1600.jpg
s-l1600.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Elton Hammonds
In my experience the 4hawks without boosting already beats out my batteries -- that is, I have to turn around when I run out of power, not out of signal. So boosters would be pointless.

Thank you for your response.....I hope that's the case! I just have to get through this freaking hurricane and then the antenna and controller should show up at my door. I'll try it stock and see if it can break through the trees and interference in my neighborhood.

I had my eye on the Titan Cyclone but I saved a god bit over the Cyclone buying this setup.....I would have had to send my controller in for them to mod...or do it myself.

Last edited:
#Score

Congratulations on a great deal!!!

I pray you make it thru the hurricane without any damage.

Erma was a CAT1 when she came over head here and I got damage.

If you get any damage, just shoot me a private message here and I'll hopefully save you the headache I had with recovery if you need some advice. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Drone_guy
#Score

I pray you make it thru the hurricane without an damage.

If you get any damage, just shoot me a private message here and I'll hopefully save you the headache I had with recovery if you need some advice. :)

Thank you very much!

I'm on the coast in SC and it seems as though we'll get the weak side of it. We do get a fair bit of flooding in heavy rains so I'm sure we're going to see lots of flooding. Generator is all gassed up and ready!

In my experience the 4hawks without boosting already beats out my batteries -- that is, I have to turn around when I run out of power, not out of signal. So boosters would be pointless.

Not so! The 4 Hawks SR is slightly better than my stock antennas in my neighborhood....lots of trees and wifi signals. I will have to look into boosting this thing or selling it and getting the Titan Cyclone.

#Score

I pray you make it thru the hurricane without any damage.

I read in one of the Mavic 2 threads that you ordered the Raptor XR, have you received it yet? If so what are you thoughts on it?

BTW...the hurricane just grazed us...so a little wind and some rain.

I read in one of the Mavic 2 threads that you ordered the Raptor XR, have you received it yet? If so what are you thoughts on it?

BTW...the hurricane just grazed us...so a little wind and some rain.
Thank God you and yours make it thru the storm and flooding.

I've received it and installed it, but I've got an error with my right stick after reassembling the remote.

My guess is the ribbon cable needs to be reseated, so I'm hoping to pull it apart today and get it going to test out the Raptor XR with my new Lenovo Tab4 10.1", which has 64gb of built in storage, 4gb of RAM and quadcore processor that connects with USB-C, which has a much higher data rate than MicroUSB.

Unfortunately, my tablet holder isn't here yet, so I'll be fumbling with it a little until that arrives.

I fully expect stronger signal strength and hopefully an elimination of the dangerous video delays and overheating concerns that I was experiencing with my Nexus 9.

Resized_20180919_091232.jpeg

That's a nice setup you have there! I'll be interested in how well the XR works. I'm not all that impressed with the SR but I still haven't flown it in an open space so I'll have to do that before I decide if I'm going to keep it or buy the XR or step up to the Titan Switch. I wouldn't have bought the SR if it wasn't for the deal I got. I haven't added any amps yet, hopefully they improve the signal strength enough.

I have the Lenovo Tab 4 10.1 also...love it!

That's a nice setup you have there! I'll be interested in how well the XR works. I'm not all that impressed with the SR but I still haven't flown it in an open space so I'll have to do that before I decide if I'm going to keep it or buy the XR or step up to the Titan Switch. I wouldn't have bought the SR if it wasn't for the deal I got. I haven't added any amps yet, hopefully they improve the signal strength enough.

I have the Lenovo Tab 4 10.1 also...love it!
After flying with the XR Raptor over the last couple of weeks without any amps on it, I'm thrilled to report this antenna is a real game changer.

All of my ladency problems resulting in horribly choppy video and weak or lost signal warnings are a thing of the past.IMG_20180927_013604.jpeg

Hmmm...maybe I should just upgrade from the SR to the XR. I just put this antenna and remote up for sale on Ebay and was going to get the Titan Switch.

Decisions Decisions!

Hmmm...maybe I should just upgrade from the SR to the XR. I just put this antenna and remote up for sale on Ebay and was going to get the Titan Switch.

Decisions Decisions!
I have no loyalty to anyone or anything, just saying this thing is light as a feather and works like a charm.

But, to be honest, I also love that it's made in Poland instead of China.

I made some inquiries in English on their website and got quick and helpful answers, so I ordered it directly from them because I couldn't find any in stock in the USA last month.

I know little to nothing about the other ones because I know VHF communications very well from the military and their website told me this is exactly what I was looking for.

i have the 4hawks XR on my mavic. It rocks. I was still considering upgrading to the sunahns 2000w boosters. I've seen some distance videos with that combination that are unbelievable.

Reactions: Texas Mavic
24 bucks... looks like crap now, but blows the Titan out of the water. Especially when I only spent 20 bucks on each antenna. 9dbi tp links. I just need to rehouse them, and shorten cables.

Attachments

• A87D88C4-43B0-4703-8D2E-9B58A225930B.jpeg
    A87D88C4-43B0-4703-8D2E-9B58A225930B.jpeg
    3.2 MB · Views: 39
  • 41B53059-17A6-4D73-B7F1-D8EB9B950FE6.jpeg
    41B53059-17A6-4D73-B7F1-D8EB9B950FE6.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 35
i have the 4hawks XR on my mavic. It rocks. I was still considering upgrading to the sunahns 2000w boosters. I've seen some distance videos with that combination that are unbelievable.

Have you done the battery mod?

Sweet!! Was it pricey?

link is above the pic.. here it is again

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
testtest