DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Got the Titan Atlas boosted antenna system today!!!!

Hi there, I'm having similar problems as you had with my Cyclone. It's making me crazy. I had maxxuav do the upgrade but when i got it back i simply have no range. Way worse than before. So i got Jake involved and while he was great he is busy so every round of email took days. My fault there too. I was just as slow so not upset about that.

I sent controller back to him and got it back with still no range. Plus another problem was introduced. Wife kind of thinking it's humorous about now... So back to Jake it went again, and back to me. You guessed it, not good. (3x back and forth). At this point I'm thinking what the frig is going on here so i did what anyone guy would do...... I justified starting over and buy a new controller on eBay... and do the mod myself with new upgrade kit! Still sucks. Wifes laughing stopped about now too. Now she's like grrrr.

I haven't talked to anyone.... I was so upset i put the **** thing in the drawer... No wait.. "both" **** things, and said to wife, "one word from you and I'll gonna knock you into next week"...you know, i was being a tough guy n-****

That brings us to the present. Yeah i know, i know it's probably NOT the controller. Im actually thinking it might be the connector cables or obviously the cyclone. Ha ha, I'm friggin brilliant! But here's the thing... Brilliant or not I don't know to test the system aside from flying the mavic and seeing how far it goes... Can anyone offer constructive advice on best way to isolate where I'm losing the signal? I actually stopped contacting Jake because i felt bad about the time of his i was consuming. Not to mention my time away from the businesses im trying to grow. That's why i performed the "insert drone into drawer" maneuver for a while. Just barely getting to where i can stand thinking about it again.... So much time invested, so little to show for it.
Anyway if you or anyone knows a way to test signal output please share. For now please hold the smart *** remarks down please as the wound is still tender. Thanks

ps... The wife comments were added for effect. Yup..... crazy as it may be they never happened... Truth is im scared to death of my wife and i know she'd kill me if she knew how much i spent on this cluster f$&#! [emoji6]
Shoot me a message and we will help figure it out

Reactions: HVYMTL and SkyNinja
what do you guys recommend on the I2 drone for long range frequency?, 2.5 or 5.8 atlas antenna with whips.., thanks...

I recently purchased a Cyclone Antenna by Titan Drones from maxxuav. After the installation I was having issue with not being able to get a signal greater than 75% without being right on top of the mavic. I called James with Titan Drones. Let me tell you tell you about the "Service" I received.
Upon explaining to James where I got the antenna and what the issue I was having with the connection. He asked a few simple troubleshooting questions, and here is the part that shocked me.. He then asked "Do you have any jobs that you need it for? I would be more than willing to get in my car and bring you another one" Now I only live about an hour away, but come on.. Most business would have said "well were open till 5" or what ever. Not James. I told him I did not need it that bad and that I had several remotes to use. He sent me another antenna "Next Day" I was still experiencing the same issues.
Long story short.. Ended up being the controller. I upgraded another controller I had, and it works like a champ. I can not say enough about the quality of product, or the customer service that Titan Drones offers.
To bad DJI doesn't have customer service like that

Thanks for helping me with this issue.
1 confirm 2.4 ghz
2 range is only a few hundred meters and i begin getting lost connection messages also i noticed when i take off I'm already down a bar.
3 was getting close to a mile range before. It's residential area, pretty good for flying.
4 Not sure on the cables... They're the ones that came with the cyclone. I have two pair of them but haven't spent the time yet to text the different combinations to see if i can detect which cable if any is creating problem. You mention long and short and even thinner cables.
4. Will look for whips for testing
5. Guess what, i have a friend that has a control and i tried it and it doesn't work either.
6 when i turn on i get either full bars or one bar shy of full. I've walked around the house to see what the signal would do when obstruction existed. I also have turned away and noticed in both cases that i get a diminished signal but not totally gone. It's weird... Almost like it really gets bad only when the mavic is in the air. I know that sounds weird but maybe it's because I'm a few hundred meters out at that point.
I have an extra stock controller and the stock antennas do far better than either the control or the titan.
is there any equipment one can buy that can tests output signal?
thanks again

Thanks for helping me with this issue.
1 confirm 2.4 ghz
2 range is only a few hundred meters and i begin getting lost connection messages also i noticed when i take off I'm already down a bar.
3 was getting close to a mile range before. It's residential area, pretty good for flying.
4 Not sure on the cables... They're the ones that came with the cyclone. I have two pair of them but haven't spent the time yet to text the different combinations to see if i can detect which cable if any is creating problem. You mention long and short and even thinner cables.
4. Will look for whips for testing
5. Guess what, i have a friend that has a control and i tried it and it doesn't work either.
6 when i turn on i get either full bars or one bar shy of full. I've walked around the house to see what the signal would do when obstruction existed. I also have turned away and noticed in both cases that i get a diminished signal but not totally gone. It's weird... Almost like it really gets bad only when the mavic is in the air. I know that sounds weird but maybe it's because I'm a few hundred meters out at that point.
I have an extra stock controller and the stock antennas do far better than either the control or the titan.
is there any equipment one can buy that can tests output signal?
thanks again

Can you post a picture of your set-up from different angles, the trial of a friends Cyclone than doesn't work either is a bit of a worry as that would suggest that both of your controllers (Maxxuav and self mod) have issues which can't be right unless both have mod problems.

What environment are you flying the AC in, when using the Cyclone, is there a lot of obstruction, buildings trees etc. . Are you flying close to the ground or at 400ft.

Have turned you put your device into air plane mode and turned off the Bluetooth on the watch etc.

Last edited:
Sounds like the results I was getting when I hooked the 5.8 gig antenna to my Mavic Pro. Drone would basically give me 1k feet and loose signal. If your amplifier has a red stripe, it’s the 5.8gig version and won’t work with the Mavic Pro.

Sounds like the results I was getting when I hooked the 5.8 gig antenna to my Mavic Pro. Drone would basically give me 1k feet and loose signal. If your amplifier has a red stripe, it’s the 5.8gig version and won’t work with the Mavic Pro.
Don't forget the "FLUX CAPACITOR"...just saying lamo

Can you post a picture of your set-up from different angles, the trial of a friends Cyclone than doesn't work either is a bit of a worry as that would suggest that both of your controllers (Maxxuav and self mod) have issues which can't be right unless both have mod problems.

What environment are you flying the AC in, when using the Cyclone, is there a lot of obstruction, buildings trees etc. . Are you flying close to the ground or at 400ft.

Have turned you put your device into air plane mode and turned off the Bluetooth on the watch etc.
Man it's been a while since I've flown the mavic. I'm a cpa... Its been year end and tax season so no time to play. But going to go out today and see if i have any better results interchanging the 4 connectors . Beyond that it's send everything back to Jake for texting/repair. Really got frustrated work the whole cyclone thing. I'll report back as i greatly appreciate the suggestions and help offered. Thank you.

Cant say enough good things about Jake over at Titian! SUCH and great help! Super fast on emails and very smooth with everything so far! The packing of this system is very professional!

So I live on a very small island here in Indonesia and im surrounded buy trees, wires, wifi and so much other things that I can only get out to around 500m to 600m when im above land. Over the open ocean I can get well over 2k away. Have not tried further then that because the winds can get nasty here...

So I invested in the titan atlas booted antenna system.

Tomorrow I will do a screen recording of a normal flight with the standard antenna system, then I will mod the RC and try to do the same flight path. Ill screen record the mod flight also.

Hopefully I get some more range out of my mavic :)

Here are pictures of the system and package. Everything is shrink wrapped and very nice!!!

Stand by for flight results :)

View attachment 23251 View attachment 23252
Thank you for sharing! Following...

Man it's been a while since I've flown the mavic. I'm a cpa... Its been year end and tax season so no time to play. But going to go out today and see if i have any better results interchanging the 4 connectors . Beyond that it's send everything back to Jake for texting/repair. Really got frustrated work the whole cyclone thing. I'll report back as i greatly appreciate the suggestions and help offered. Thank you.

from what I have read online titan has awesome service!!!! they will get you all fixed up :) I understand on how frustrated you are getting :) but hang in there :)

I believe this is my first post! "Long time listener, first-time caller".

I've had my Mavic Pro Platinum for about 2 months now, I love it. I've been looking at these threads about modifications to a remote and I'm definitely getting itchy fingers. I think it's time I give Titan a call/email. Obviously the first thing when you're buying something like this, is you want to make sure it works. I've seen a lot of reviews, people showing their results. But the biggest thing I'm seeing over and over over at Titan, is that they have passion for people and customer service. I started my career in retail. Retail is all about customer service.

I just don't know what set up I'll need. I live in a area with a lot of Wi-Fi and houses in the way. Any thoughts of the mod setup I should get for my remote?

I believe this is my first post! "Long time listener, first-time caller".

I've had my Mavic Pro Platinum for about 2 months now, I love it. I've been looking at these threads about modifications to a remote and I'm definitely getting itchy fingers. I think it's time I give Titan a call/email. Obviously the first thing when you're buying something like this, is you want to make sure it works. I've seen a lot of reviews, people showing their results. But the biggest thing I'm seeing over and over over at Titan, is that they have passion for people and customer service. I started my career in retail. Retail is all about customer service.

I just don't know what set up I'll need. I live in a area with a lot of Wi-Fi and houses in the way. Any thoughts of the mod setup I should get for my remote?

you are going to want Omni antennas....I have made some videos of me testing different Omni and panel antennas using a 4 watt amp ( not titan amp just a fyi) I also have antenna DATA to show from these tests check out my youtube videos :)

mavic pro distance test with diferent antennas WIth 4 watt amps - YouTube

here are some videos of the same antennas distance test WITHOUT amps with antenna DATA

mavic pro antenna mods NO amps!!! - YouTube

So I received my Atlas on Friday and I have to say.....I couldn't be happier. I called them at 9pm on Friday night with a question and within 30 min had an email response. Awesome customer service. Great product, I've already tested it and I was very pleased with the improvement !
dc4d7ab24f16e7895e14894a1e0b678d.jpg
fa17092fbc45d19ad9602963930d3369.jpg
fb88dcf8895dbe7dc4d9348fb10ab62e.jpg
010259a75bb7580671661d85fc9e1e49.jpg
2c56bd063b8bbab2fa304c05570735ca.jpg
7d7550e6ca2d28d0c21c72496ac068b1.jpg
Hey I see that you have the Titan Drones-Atlas mod system...!! Looks SWEET..! I'm looking myself to get one ,I'm just waiting for my spare remote for my M2Pro to come in & then send it to TitanDrones to order their newest "Switch System" & have my spare RC modded... i also live NJ(Essex Cnty.) I'm upgrading my RC to the "Switch" system because I aslo have been having distance & range issues in conjested city areas, interference near buildings & heavy Wi-Fi areas! So im hoping this mod will resolve all that! how do like the Titan-Atlas mod-system? any issues?

Last edited:
Hey I see that you have the Titan Drones-attenna mod! I'm looking myself to get one ,I'm just waiting for my spare remote for my M2Pro to come in & then send it to TitanDrones to order their "Switch System"& have my spare RC modded... i too live in NJ, I'm upgrading to the switch because I aslo Experiencing issues with interference near buildings & heavy Wi-Fi areas! i live in Essex cnty...how do like the Titan mod system? any issues?
I love it . I'm in Morris county and the furthest I was able to go was 1mile tops in any direction. I installed the atlas and did the mod on remote myself... I have been able to get 3.1 miles in some directions and over 2miles in all directions from I originally tested it. Check out some of my videos on YouTube. We own a house on Culver Lake so got some good footage. You'll be happy !!!

Reactions: Cpt.Barbossa1072
I love it . I'm in Morris county and the furthest I was able to go was 1mile tops in any direction. I installed the atlas and did the mod on remote myself... I have been able to get 3.1 miles in some directions and over 2miles in all directions from I originally tested it. Check out some of my videos on YouTube. We own a house on Culver Lake so got some good footage. You'll be happy !!!

What do you use Amped-Omni directional with the whip anttenas, or Amped Directional? I spoke to James at Titan Drones-FL and he recommended 2.4 GHZ system using amped-omni w/the 9dbi whips! I can't wait because I should be getting my spare RC in a couple of days,Then going to send the RC to Titan to do the RC mod

What do you use Amped-Omni directional with the whip anttenas, or Amped Directional? I spoke to James at Titan Drones-FL and he recommended 2.4 GHZ system using amped-omni w/the 9dbi whips! I can't wait because I should be getting my spare RC in a couple of days,Then going to send the RC to Titan to do the RC mod
Amped Directional

Why did you choose this Atlas over the Cyclone unit? I am interested in one or the other and trying to decide which is best.

Cool name by the way, as I am also a diving instructor and fly in similar conditions to you when on dive trips.

Some of us have been discussing antennas and boosters on previous posts. Some of us have settled on the Titan Switch which offers directional and omni configurations changeable in a matter of seconds.

I've decided to include the +9dB whip antennas option tor maximum omni operation in the mountainous areas where I'll be mapping.

Reactions: sea157
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Suilven