DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Government authority's response to auditors

Pendolino

Reactions
Thought this was interesting, and does suggest that the aforementioned may not be doing the damage to the hobby that many of us worry about...

Seems like reasonable suggestions. Would prevent a lot of conflicts, though "auditors" will not be happy since the conflict is what gets them views. LOL.

Reactions: Torque
I glad to see that this auditor phenomenon is being addressed.. This training should be given to large companies , public utility companies, law enforcement, etc etc.

If you're an employee of a company and get mixed up with one of these auditors and your face and the company is splattered all over the internet and you look like a fool or violent, I suspect you might or could get fired from your job. I would stay far, far away from them.

Reactions: Torque
it has become apparent for some time ,that the so called audit type videos ,have to a large extent ,lost a lot of their appeal ,in generating negative reactions from the police, and general public,and as i said in a previous post last year,on this subject ,in a way, their antics have actually helped with educating the police, and security staff ,so as not to respond in a negative way
of course this will not stop them from continuing to do what they do ,but their use of drones ,during such so called audits ,will probably lead to further restrictions,on where the sub 250g,drones can be flown in the future time will tell

it has become apparent for some time ,that the so called audit type videos ,have to a large extent ,lost a lot of their appeal ,in generating negative reactions from the police, and general public,and as i said in a previous post last year,on this subject ,in a way, their antics have actually helped with educating the police, and security staff ,so as not to respond in a negative way
of course this will not stop them from continuing to do what they do ,but their use of drones ,during such so called audits ,will probably lead to further restrictions,on where the sub 250g,drones can be flown in the future time will tell
I've watched a lot of auditor video's out of curiosity and because of the shock value they caused me. I rarely if ever saw these people use drones to do their audits. I see most of them placing themselves on public property and then start recording everything in direct line of site or public view, where there can be no expectation of privacy.

I do however lean toward a law or ordinance that would at least prevent these people from zooming into windows or open doors to private property. Just because your on public property shouldn't mean you have the right to film into a private structure, even though it is visible from a public sidewalk. I could buy a telescope, stand on a public sidewalk, then at night, point it at a tall apartment or condo complex and film people in their private space. Theoretically this is legal. It shouldn't be. Doing the same things with drones shouldn't be legal either.

Outdoor private property, if filmed from a public place is ok to a degree. But imagin if i put a 10 ft fence around my house so my wife can get a full body tan (ie nude). Should a drone pilot be allowed to film it?

We used to just have to worry about ground level privacy invasion. Now we have to worry about aerial invasion.

Anyway, I at least think it should be against the law to film from a public space to the inside of a private space. I know these people who don't want their private interiors filmed can buy drapes and should by drapes to block visual line of site intrusion from public areas, especially if recorded. It's just common curtousy. not to film into your neighbors home from the public sidewalk. The same should go for drones.

Outdoors? I don't think we can enforce outdoor intrusion of private property by drones, telescopes or cameras. It's a freedom afforded to us by the constitution of the United States. That won't be able to be challenged.

I sell window blind everybody. Buy my window Blinds today. 50% off for the next month folks. That's a 50 % savings. We sell blinds. please call 555-555-1234. Get you discounted blinds today. LOL

Interesting reading about privacy concerns and the rights of people not to be filmed or photographed by drones.
I live in what is officially recognised as being the most surveilled country in the world.... Britain, with CCTV so endemic that tracking one person from street to street is "normal".
Strange, isn't it that the vast majority of people don't turn a hair about this but throw a complete wobble if someone flies a drone within 500 yards of where they are.

The original Auditor in the Uk is a chap called AB, he was the nicest guy ever, he always downplayed any kind of confrontation with the police, pity that so many AHoles have now decided to do the same but only with the intention of creating a fuss for youtube/tiktok views.

It is true however that people need to either make themselves more aware of how to deal with these type of people such as knowing the rules, or simply ignore them and leave them alone, i guess if the auditors got ignored they would like anyone else finally give up when they realise they arent getting the results they want.

BUT with that said I applaud those who do bring the drone world to people who dont fly them and produce videos that show the area they live in in a unique way.

Yes i do fly my drone over town centres and put them on tiktok, but I know how to respond to people and the law if it comes down to it

Thought this was interesting, and does suggest that the aforementioned may not be doing the damage to the hobby that many of us worry about...

That is very interesting. The NPSA confirms in its materials that drones may fly over private property and record images. There is no mention of possible invasion of privacy, trespass, nuisance or reckless endangerment as in the USA. The NPSA describes these auditors as generally harmless attention seekers and recommends treat them courteously and let them play until they get bored.

Reactions: StevenBrodsky
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davidt2