DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

GPS and connection lost

Hi I lost connection from my phone whilst trying to land my drone,I couldn't land it even when I RTH button, the drone crash into my balcony glass luckily it wasn't a hard crash the drone is fine, but does anyone know if I can use just the RC remote to just land without connection to my phone?

Last edited:
Yes you can control AC with RC even when app disconnects. Keep that finger near the pause button!
RTH button also works, but you have to hold it for a few seconds. Best to use that button than in the app so that you don't accidentally hit the land button in the app.

Once when I was in Tap-Fly the app crashed. First thought: no biggie, it will just hover until I remembered I was in Tap-Fly where it autonomously flies. PAUSE!

Yes you can control AC with RC even when app disconnects. Keep that finger near the pause button!
RTH button also works, but you have to hold it for a few seconds. Best to use that button than in the app so that you don't accidentally hit the land button in the app.

Once when I was in Tap-Fly the app crashed. First thought: no biggie, it will just hover until I remembered I was in Tap-Fly where it autonomously flies. PAUSE!
Thank you for the reply, I pushed the RTH button it said I was landing but it wouldn't land,if I i pulled down on the control would the drone land?

It should. You probably didn't give it time to land for RTH.
And it saying its going to land comes from the app so you had app to RC connection.

yeh ur probably right I might try to land without connection and see it works, I'll make sure I'll land it on something soft not to high off the ground

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Claybird