Welcome Mavic Pilot!
Jump in and join our free DJI Mavic community today!

GPS Dead Spot?

Leo153

Reaction score
Hello again...
Is it possible to have a GPS dead spot?
My MP runs great with my Crystal Sky 5" display. I practice flying in my back yard and the surrounding 1/4 mile radius. The for 2nd day in a row I got disconnected from the RC in roughly the same area. I'm happy the Mavic came back to it's home point on it's own. I'm not going to risk 3 in a row so I wanted to know if GPS can dump in the same area?
Thanks in advance- Leo

Just_nick

Reaction score
Your RC being disconnected has nothing to do with GPS, nor would you have a dead spot. There may be interference there that's blocking the transmission signal.

gnirtS

Reaction score
As above, GPS is nothing to do with the RC disconnecting.
Its quite common to have RC drop outs in urban areas. Household wifi, mobile phone masts and all kinds of things that share the spectrum can interfere with it.

laurens23

Reaction score
Hello again...
Is it possible to have a GPS dead spot?
My MP runs great with my Crystal Sky 5" display. I practice flying in my back yard and the surrounding 1/4 mile radius. The for 2nd day in a row I got disconnected from the RC in roughly the same area. I'm happy the Mavic came back to it's home point on it's own. I'm not going to risk 3 in a row so I wanted to know if GPS can dump in the same area?
Thanks in advance- Leo
If the drone came back it means GPS was working fine. Without GPS it would not have come back.
Like other mentioned it is likely to be interference (dead spot) on the link between the RC and drone.